Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still something wrong here with youtube posts not showing the video preview window in the post.

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
So it's kind of easy and kind of hard. When you use the "Insert Video" tool (looks like a film reel) to post videos it will put a "[ v i d e o ] " and a "[ / v i d e o ]" around the link like below: (I put spaces in the above example or it would think that it was a line of code not text)

If you want the preview to display like this:

All you need to do is add "=youtube;xxxxxxxxxx" after the "o" in video on the first bracket and it will appear. The x's are the file name of the video link. In the above example it is "a_jPGnVtz0w".

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mike I appreciate you trying to help. The filmstrip is there so you shouldn't have to do any url editing. I just see a lot of little problems on the forum that are software architecture related. What if we all donate a little PayPal money and do a major upgrade?

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll ask the tech team is there is an easier way to embed youtube videos.

~Kay
Thank you Kay. I know the filmstrip works on the other forum with the same style software.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
youtube videos should auto embed with the film strip icon now. Just copy and paste the url in there and you're good to go.

~Kay
Awesome I'll give it a try tonight.
Thanks very much

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
youtube videos should auto embed with the film strip icon now. Just copy and paste the url in there and you're good to go.

~Kay
thanks kay for getting that fixed. It worked great. Im sure all appreciate it.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

~Kay
Kay,
would I be pushing the envelope if I asked to have the photo uploader fixed also? I know Im pushing it.......:)

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The upload window is corrupted in a basic uploader default.
Type is slightly garbled and the X to select basic uploader is shifted to the left.
Along with that the select tool only selects one photo at a time. Should be 5 max in one selection and upload.
The pics of the uploader window are on the Trojan thread.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
You should be able to upload more than 1 image at the same time. Do you see the little plus symbol in my screenshot? clicking on it will make another upload bar appear.

~Kay

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok im trying now. This is what I see with manage attachments and im using firefox on my work mac now. Not my home computer. This used to work correctly a year or so ago. Happened to my pc and to my mac using firefox or safari as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
try again.... Ok. The window + is not the way it should work. When you select files you should be able to shift key and add another file in one selection. Up to 5 in one selection.
I started doing this back in 2012. It worked the same as Lidragracing.com.
both your site and Lidragracing.com had the same issue when it stopped working. Lidragracing fixed theirs, Gasserhotrods didn't fix it. this is what you should be able to do in one selection and not going back and forth with the + to get more images.
The size of your selection window is corrupt. When it worked it was larger and it was clicking on the basic uploader that would reduce the window selection if you couldn't use the normal selection uploader. Lidragracing had the same problem. Software has been possibly infected because of the ease of access to each computer with navigation to personal files through the uploader.

One last thing. The uploader selection window used to default to the last folder you uploaded from on the thread. Now it defaults to my documents. And that is why I think it was infected.

again the pic below shows I can select 5 files at the same time on another site whereas on your site the function is disabled somehow. Note the size of the selection window in the background and compare to yours.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well thanks for trying. I've been posting on forums since 2010 and I'm familiar with the normal functions.
Don't want to beat a dead horse so to speak. :)
Thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts