Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firewall mounted brake pedal is waaaay to high off the floor ( 6” above the gas pedal) Has anyone modified the actual brake arm to get it closer to the floor. I have 5 1/2 “ of room when the panel is fully depressed so I want to lower it at least 4 1/2 “. Any ideas. PS I Can’t relocated it

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Is the arm steel ? If so I would either find a longer arm or cut and weld extension flat stock up top out of sight. Extend first then sandwich both sides for strength. Just my own suggestion. I never had to extend a pedal.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
Haven't done a Wilwood, but have done several steel arms for brake pedals to lengthen them. I just cut the arm above the pedal and made up a piece of bar steel the same size, but longer. Beveled the arm, and the filler bar and Mig Welded it together. Did my Austin 11 yrs. ago, and it's been working great.
Lengthening the arm has the benefit of giving you more leverage also, and that's why I did my Austin. The arm was for power brakes, and I needed to go manual because of low vacuum on my cam. The extra 2" on my arm makes a great pedal feel!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts