Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a earlier GM box, manual, and need a pitman arm. It mounts on the front of the frame, so I think it's off a A body. Pitman arm points toward the rear. I need 1 that has the hole, where this 1 has the joint built in, and I'd like 1 that has some drop. Does anyone know what all fits this? A lot of them listed don't even have a listing of how many splines, just what they are for. Ordering some stuff so any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Let me add another problem. Got my front axle tore down, sand blasted and so on. I have 1 bushing, kingpin, that I can push in with my thumb. I seen some where on here about over size bushings, anyone got a link? .002 or .003 over size is all I'd need I would think. Anyone on here run into this? It's a 57 chev trk front axle.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Not sure I can give much help without knowing which box you have? Early, as in how early? The arms can be put on in any direction once you remove the keyed area in the arm. It's the only thing that indexes them, so once filed or ground off, they can go any direction.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My box I believe is a 70 or so A body, 30 spline. The pitman arm points toward the rear which means it mount on the front of the frame horn. I was wondering if some of the earlier P arms would fit. Don't some of the late 50's use a dropped pitman arm? I think I've found 1 at Speedway, just thought if I could locate a used 1 I could save a little. Some of them are $75 ea.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I screwed up. Counted again and I have 28 splines along with 4 wide keys, or whatever you call them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts