Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love old gassers and would like to get some wall posters to hang in my garage. Anybody know were to order them?

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Google Tim Fredricks he's got some great art work. Try David Peters/David Carl Peters he's got one of the best lithos of the SWC car out there. James Ibusuki has done some real quality lithos of drag racing but he only did two that were gasser related both of which feature one of the SWC cars. All of his lithos are limited editions with most of them being below a release number of 2000. One of his absolute best is of SWC vs. Mazamanian (I have # 435 of a release of 850) at Lions in Long Beach, CA. It's titled "Duel At the Beach. All of his are signed by the the owners/drivers of the cars. Also there's an artist who does B&W pencil prints of gassers. His name is Ian Jones. Most of his are limited to a total release of 500. He features a lot of the big name cars though. I have several of his and I had a graphic artist friend of mine work some computer magic on one and she did a colorized larger print version that came out bad ass. It's the one that features a 55 Chevy going off against an Anglia with a bunch of other gassers in the staging area behind them. Also check out Larry Grossman. He's got two that have nasty looking 55 Chevys and what can only be described as street driven fuel altereds; they are just way cool. One is titled 'Leftys Lightning Fast Service-Hwy 46'. The other is titled 'Looking for Trouble on Thunder Road'; imagine the 32 and 55 from American Graffitti on steroids. After I got divorced I was finally was able to put out all my nostalgic gasser art work and gasser die cast cars. Sometimes I hate to leave my house to drive my 53. I hope this helps, let me know; happy shopping!

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I should have waited

Don't know if any other members are interested in gasser art but this artist Tom Fritz has a couple really nice pieces. Several years ago I purchased a litho of this particular piece at over twice the price and less than half this size. For $99.95 this is a great sign for any gasser man cave.
http://garageart.com/detailpage.asp?ID=20135&Category=Signs#.Vw7PkvkrJdh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts