Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Latest project is a 55 Fairlane Im planning on turning into a Gasser, at the moment it is a lowrider.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Bluewater. There's a light blue '55 fairlane sitting in a yard that looks well done but close to stock. I pass it every friday going to my sons house. Although I'm a Pontiac guy I really like the looks of all the manufacturers tri five cars. I would love to build a straight axle tri five Ford. I think you may be the first '55 here?? Not sure though. So glad you joined and looking forward to seeing what you do with it. Start a thread in the project section and tell us all your plans. Especially the "motorvational" part. I love horsepower. MArk L

·
Registered
65 Posts
Welcome Bluewater from the other side of the great state of Virginia!!!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
hi ya and welcome. good to have you here.

·
Registered
699 Posts
That is a fairly extreme change going from lowrider to gasser. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Ford Gasser

Hi Blue..... saw this "gasser" at the Gasser Reunion last weekend at Thompson Drag Strip in Ohio.

Thought you'd like to see it..... Nice Car!!!!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Cool car! Wonder why he wrote "Tow Car" on the window? I don't see a hitch?
I noticed that also.

I believe it was just like adding decals to the windows. It was just something we did "back in the day" when most drag racers flat towed their car to the drag strip.

It 's the same thing as guys who have tow bar hitches attached to the front of their cars .... just for looks.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
We used to write "Car in tow" on our back windows to make people think it was our race car, but never saw a car with nerf push bumpers on the back, and "tow car" on the rear window? Can't imagine why a tow car would have nerfs designed to be push started, or pushed back the return road.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts