Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi forum administrators
I wanted to ask you to extend the timer on the what's new for more than it has at the moment. Due to the email issues it would be nice to catch up when we get a chance. As it is now the new posts expire over a few hours. I know this can be adjusted from being on other forums.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Are you sure about the short time thing Mario? After being away for a week I did the "what's new" thing and many posts shown were a days old, and more. But anything I didn't look at yesterday was gone today from the what's new tab. So once you click on it, you need to view them all or they're gone the next day.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yes on the other forum with the same software I can go back to what's new and stuff a week old will be there. On our forum the next morning all is gone when I go there. I may post in the early morning hours and not see it on the what's new tab. Is it my personal settings maybe? I thought it was a forum setting.
Maybe it has to do with east coast time.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you sure about the short time thing Mario? After being away for a week I did the "what's new" thing and many posts shown were a days old, and more. But anything I didn't look at yesterday was gone today from the what's new tab. So once you click on it, you need to view them all or they're gone the next day.
Im sure there is a setting to allow lingering what's new posts. Lets see if someone can come up with something again.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey guys,

I know that some of our other forums have the option to view posts as far back as two weeks.
Though I believe that this is due to an updated version of our site software.

A quick way to get around this is you can subscribe to specific forums and threads and check your subscriptions from your UserCP.
This will update every time a new post is made within your subscribed thread/section.

Richard.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes Richard I know about the subscription thing. Unfortunately my profile is corrupt and I had to turn off subscriptions and your techs removed my email to stop it. Back to square one again. Lol

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys,

I know that some of our other forums have the option to view posts as far back as two weeks.
Though I believe that this is due to an updated version of our site software.

A quick way to get around this is you can subscribe to specific forums and threads and check your subscriptions from your UserCP.
This will update every time a new post is made within your subscribed thread/section.

Richard.

So I think the upgrade would be worth the efforts. It would fix a lot of crap going on around here. Can you appeal to the higher authorities and get it done?

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey there,

This will have to be something that we put on the burner as the version of the software this site uses is not yet compatible for the upgrade I had in mind.
Do you want to try setting up your email again to get the subscription feature working?

Richard.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey there,

This will have to be something that we put on the burner as the version of the software this site uses is not yet compatible for the upgrade I had in mind.
Do you want to try setting up your email again to get the subscription feature working?

Richard.
Emails were screwed up and that's why I stopped it.
I wan't to try it but if it is not instant after posts made It screws up everything.
Maybe down the line I will try but if it messes up you will have to remove the email again because my profile is corrupt or locked or damaged.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Let's hope it works for you

Kyle
Well it's not working for Mario. He has emailed me and asked that both of his profiles be deleted. You guys have got serious problems, and from what I see the issues aren't being addressed, or when they are addressed it doesn't fix anything.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm under a new profile posting here. The what's new tab at the top header now shows 4 days of what's new. So the new profile shows more now.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Yes on the other forum with the same software I can go back to what's new and stuff a week old will be there. On our forum the next morning all is gone when I go there. I may post in the early morning hours and not see it on the what's new tab. Is it my personal settings maybe? I thought it was a forum setting.
Maybe it has to do with east coast time.
what's the other forum that you use? I can take a look at the system and see if it's compatible.

Lee

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what's the other forum that you use? I can take a look at the system and see if it's compatible.

Lee
HI Lee
The other site is LIdragracing.com.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The what's new stream is set up to 30 days, it is cookie based though, are you clearing cookies when you log out?

Kyle
Kyle
I sometimes clear my cookies to fix a problem but it's rare. I don't like to do that due to password inconvenience.
I like to stay logged in with remember me checked. How I use my browser works the same for both forums except where things have been corrupted like the picture loader. Both forums now have a problem with the advanced manage attachments feature. Your forum started having a problem a couple of years before the other forum did. But now bob don't work.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I haven't had a problem. Except some times I have to relog in. Pain in the ass. But no big deal.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey there,

On most browsers, when you clear your cache and cookies, you can specifiy what goes.
I often clear my cache and cookies but leave my login information saved.

What attachment issues are you running into?

Richard.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts