Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting a gasser for years..... I have a 55 hardtop but IMO if you going to do a Gasser with that car it needs to be a post....

Can someone throw out some ideas to me of what model of cars would still look great as a gasser that a guy could buy and build with out the initial cost of the car costing you a arm and a leg...

I love the early novas 62/64 cant afford them though lol

so if you can think of some models rather its Chevy ...Chrysler...dodge I am open to listening

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you read the post you will see I am looking for ideas of what to buy that would look great as a gasser ..... If anyone is going to know what ideas of models that are out there in todays market that have not got the price jacked up so high the guys that are on the forum are going to have suggestions on what model car go chase after for a build.......

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
One of the big questions is, how much are you looking to spend to get started.

·
Registered
647 Posts
In my opinion coupes and sedans are the gassers of today. In fact, some built gassers in present day usually salvaged the bodies, engines and mechanical parts from automobile boneyards. The once-cheap donor cars and parts have now become expensive. Rodders from the pass days found new ways to stuff junkyard engines into derelict bodies and give them new life. Today, builders are doing basically the same thing, except that the clapped out ’55 Chevys and other cars cost $00,000 instead of $45 and the engines that go into these cars come out of shipping crates instead of lying in junkyards. Good luck on your project.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Almost any earlier 60's small coupe or 2 door sedan, even stationwagons are still affordable. 30's 40's Mopar coupe's are still out there and fairly priced compared to their Ford and Chevy brothers. Ask around your local area, you would be surprised what folks got stashed that they might be willing to part with.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
depending on how far a build is im thinking any where's from 2k-7k

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my opinion coupes and sedans are the gassers of today. In fact, some built gassers in present day usually salvaged the bodies, engines and mechanical parts from automobile boneyards. The once-cheap donor cars and parts have now become expensive. Rodders from the pass days found new ways to stuff junkyard engines into derelict bodies and give them new life. Today, builders are doing basically the same thing, except that the clapped out ’55 Chevys and other cars cost $00,000 instead of $45 and the engines that go into these cars come out of shipping crates instead of lying in junkyards. Good luck on your project.
Thank you for your input I appreciate all the help

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
start hitting craigslist and pick up something that some one has poured money into, and needs out of it.... there is still plenty to pick from in Wa. State 60's stuff is still out there... check out the falcon Gasser that is under ebay and craigslist on this site bet you could get it for $5500

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
start hitting craigslist and pick up something that some one has poured money into, and needs out of it.... there is still plenty to pick from in Wa. State 60's stuff is still out there... check out the falcon Gasser that is under ebay and craigslist on this site bet you could get it for $5500
Wow thank you for the Tip

·
Registered
641 Posts
There are BILLIONS out there. Was looking for a '63 Tempest originally. Then bought this one. Wouldn't you know it. A virgin '62 came up 2 months later. Not that I'm unhappy. Just wait, something WILL pop up.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Don't worry, something WILL come up. Was originally looking for a '63 Tempest to make a replica of the "SAVAGE". But the prices of junks that I would have scrapped 40 years ago and still scrap today were sky high. Then this little English shitbox came up. I knew what it was so I bought it. Wouldn't you know it! A virgin '62 came up for half the price. Just wait! there are still lots of old drag cars and virgins out there! CHEAP!

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
That's probably one of my all time favorites! And I'm not even a Ford guy! But a '64 Comet is one of the nicest bodies I've ever seen. Looks like a very fresh build. Wonder why somebody would get it this far, and sell it?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Go to the links page.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts