Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for feedback on a possible new vintage drag racing event in mid Illinois. The Powers that be at this track have expressed interest in an event along the lines of the hunnert car heads up, the meltdown drags, and the hamb drags. What do you guys think? Who would come to race. Or watch? Your opinions and feedback are appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think so. But there's gotta be some positive response before these guys will commit. Yeah, what could be better than a virtual step back to 1965 at a small town 1/8 mi track? Super stockers f/x cars gas cars and a few dragsters and altereds maybe a comp coupe or two. Any takers???!!!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I only take day trips so about 200 mi is about my limit. It sounds like it would be just out of my realm. I went to Cordova last summer to the "Run Whatcha Brung" drags but it was just a test and tune day with reserved parking for traditional cars.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
The vintage events are fantastic, but too far for me to travel. It would take me 3 days of normal travel to get there. One thing that most the vintage events do here is relax the tech rules. They make sure the cars are safe, but closer to late 60's-early 70's rules, so the original cars can run.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts