Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now I’m not feelin good about this forum. Is it the lack of participants? Is it the post COVID thing?is it the new and improved format with annoying ads? Could it be we lost some editing features to our own posts. Are we just tired? Maybe some feedback would help? Is it censorship? Is it life in general taking priority?I don’t know anymore. I don’t feel part of this place Anymore. Most of all is it me?

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
I don't think it's most of the things you listed, as I see numerous other car forums owned by the same company, and having exactly the same format, etc., but are still very active. Most had the same complaints about the format change when they were also converted under the new ownership.
I do think there's a lack of new blood here, and a lack of follow through by many new members who join, start a project here, and never add anything new to their project again, or never post again. But not sure what can be done? The lack of current updates, or new projects is the same reason many don't stay active. So tough to grow the forum if we can't get active members.
We have some great members, but those who are most active can't post enough new posts to keep this forum alive and thriving. It takes more members actively posting to get others interested too. And need to get the word out, and somehow entice more people to share their love of gassers here.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Mario get a beer and some popcorn I will start on a updated on my car soon. I have been thinking about adding some nos to my tunnel ram. I place the order for what I need. stay tune buddy

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Mario, don't feel like the Lone Ranger in your WTF about this site. Just remember the lack of participation you encountered when putting the calendars together. I think the first time I posted something along these lines was a couple years ago. Even then there seemed to be only about 4-6 members who kept it alive. When I got the decals made I really thought with them on cars people would ask about the site, trouble is they didn't seem to make it onto the members cars and there weren't that many sold. I would take a stack to cars shows and ask the owners if the'd put them on their car if I gave them away. The guys who had other decals on their cars said yes most of the time but the guys with no decals wouldn't even agree to putting them on their rear quarter windows, go figure.
For any new members who might be interested here's the link to the post GasserHotrods Decal/Sticker Contest

·
Registered
641 Posts
I was locked out for 2 to 3 years. Couldn't figger out why. Then magicly, "DUMDADADUM" I'm back on. HUH?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Cant figger out why I cat edit posts either.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The author of his or her post should be able to edit and or delete his own post. This changed when we moved to the new format.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
See the 3 dots at the top right of a post you make? Click on them, and select the "edit". Then you can edit your posts.
No delete there Vall. Used to be able to delete in the old forum.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Sorry guy's I am to blame...it is all the bad gas I have been:unsure: having..the smell is driving people off

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No Lash I disagree. It’s gotta be me. Today I drove early to Kmart parking lot and it was shut down. Turned around and went to the beach much further away. Got there and it was empty. No one there except for about 6 cars. One of which was a 35 Chevy coupe. So I parked near him and we compared notes. Funny.

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
We aren't even going outside after about 9:00 a.m.! It's 110 degrees and not quite 2:00 p.m. yet! Supposed to hit 114 degrees today! Yikes!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
We aren't even going outside after about 9:00 a.m.! It's 110 degrees and not quite 2:00 p.m. yet! Supposed to hit 114 degrees today! Yikes!
Yikes is right Vall I couldn’t deal with that kind of heat. I don’t blame you for staying in.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Your car is just plain BAD ASS Mario!!!
Steve I so appreciate that. I resemble that remark. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Oh wise guy. Lol
what would make it really badd asss. A 392 hemi. With those headers.

·
Registered
641 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! AND DOUBLE CRAP!! Never thought it EVER got that hot in the Pacific Northwest! Trumps fault.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
69 Posts
that's just a warm day around here :) . the worst is when we have strings of 100+ days. no chance to cool down . we have to start early and call it off around 2 oclock and hit the pool .

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
HOLY CRAP!! AND DOUBLE CRAP!! Never thought it EVER got that hot in the Pacific Northwest! Trumps fault.:rolleyes:
Never has in recorded history! We ended up at 113 degrees here, and today it's supposed to hit 113-115 too! But the high hanging over us is supposed to get pushed out by ocean air tonight, so we should be over this crazy heat! It was 84 degrees at 5:00 a.m. today! A/C never shut off all night!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Steve I so appreciate that. I resemble that remark. Nyuk nyuk nyuk. Oh wise guy. Lol
what would make it really badd asss. A 392 hemi. With those headers.
If you're going to dream, dream big like a big 426 Hemi or even a SOHC motor!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts