Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking back through the projects section and saw all those cool cars people were starting and they just fall off the edge of the world. I was really looking forward to see how they were coming along. Oh well, maybe they will come back.

·
Registered
660 Posts
local at my area a lot of people did sell their projects. was told about a ford 34 5 window but asking prize was not in my reach. some guy with deep pockets from east coast got it

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts
This has been something I've often wondered about too Dave. Not just the projects posted that never seemed to be updated. But also the members who've joined here, and then disappear for unknown reasons. I can understand some folks don't spend much time taking pictures and updating their projects, although I sure wish they would! But I don't understand why guys don't stick around, or comment on what's happening here?
I see a few gasser groups on FB that get all sorts of comments, and lots of activity. But FB is terrible if you want to share a build as it's just not easy to do so there.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I'm still here. But may have to sell. Diagnosed with cancer. Then the O.G. got a bone infection, almost lost an arm. I'm still not out of woods, May still lose voice box. Wiped out savings.
Happy :censored: retirement!

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am 12 years out. youngest patient the doctor said for having prostate. I had to have it removed because it came into my body and chose violence!

·
Registered
14 Posts
My project had been on hold for about 6 years; foot surgery & kidney stone removal surgery & hand surgery & carpal tunnel surgery & the 1st open heart surgery & then the 2nd open heart surgery. (the cardiologist told me after I was out of the hospital I was right on the edge of not making it - they did not know if I was going to survive or not and had already advised my wife of that on the 2nd one) Recovering from that leaves you weak and without much of any strength during healing. Even with insurance - my copays still were up in the thousands of dollars. I was still buying some parts along the way though here and there. I started back on mine a few months ago.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I was diagnosed with Bladder cancer a couple years ago. Went through the treatments twice. They have me come in every 6 months for a Cystoscopy ( A hollow tube (cystoscope) equipped with a lens is inserted into your urethra and slowly advanced into your bladder); my next one is the 23rd of next month. A cancer diagnoses doesn't always equate to end of life. It appears that some of the members on the forum can attest to that.
Keep a positive attitude and know that there are people out there you've never met who are pulling for you Scott.

·
Registered
94 Posts
i also had bladder cancer. it is a nuisance tumor though. common at our age but not real aggressive . very small so had it removed. all scopes have been neg but damn i'd rather fist fight a bear . i'm doing one more then i'm done with that. if they want to do that again they can put me out or hit me with a hammer . that thing is a 13 on a scale of 1-10 on pain .
early detection is the key. none of mine were larger than 1.2cm when found. i've had a chest xray every year since i was 25 .

·
Premium Member
1,598 Posts
Wow, glad my health is OK. My wife went through cancer a decade ago. All good now.

Been having fun with my '63 gasser. No progress on the '55. Did build my '59 GMC and sold it at Pomona. Just did a motor swap on a '04 Suburban for a friend. That was a project. Ended up replacing almost everything whilst I was in there. Bought a '66 bug that I have been tinkering on and remodeling our '94 motorhome. Oh, and I added a second floor over half my 40x48 shop. It's pretty cool up there. Still moving shelves up with all the parts.

Hope everyone stays healthy and has fun with their junk. maybe see some of you at Alderbrook, that's about all I go to for 'shows' anymore.

Mike

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
i also had bladder cancer. it is a nuisance tumor though. common at our age but not real aggressive . very small so had it removed. all scopes have been neg but damn i'd rather fist fight a bear . i'm doing one more then i'm done with that. if they want to do that again they can put me out or hit me with a hammer . that thing is a 13 on a scale of 1-10 on pain .
early detection is the key. none of mine were larger than 1.2cm when found. i've had a chest xray every year since i was 25 .
Wish mine had been a tumor. Mine was in the tissue of the bladder. When the original Cystoscopy was performed the doctor asked if I wanted to look. Right there where the rest of the Bladder was a nice pink color was a big section of dark brown. I wish it had been a "nuisance tumor" because then I probably could have only gone through the treatments once and it's also why I have to get a Cystoscopy every 6 months for 5 years and then once a year for another few years. I can deal with the pain of the procedure because it beats the hell out of removal of my bladder and having a bag attached to my leg the rest of my life.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Wow, glad my health is OK. My wife went through cancer a decade ago. All good now.

Been having fun with my '63 gasser. No progress on the '55. Did build my '59 GMC and sold it at Pomona. Just did a motor swap on a '04 Suburban for a friend. That was a project. Ended up replacing almost everything whilst I was in there. Bought a '66 bug that I have been tinkering on and remodeling our '94 motorhome. Oh, and I added a second floor over half my 40x48 shop. It's pretty cool up there. Still moving shelves up with all the parts.

Hope everyone stays healthy and has fun with their junk. maybe see some of you at Alderbrook, that's about all I go to for 'shows' anymore.

Mike
Good to hear from you Mike. Check in more often.

·
Administrator
13,523 Posts

Mike
That loft has to open up a ton of space in your shop!
Maybe see you at Alderbrook, or Ridgefield?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Didn't say "I" was done. Just the car may maybe. After I was diagnosed and went to treatment, the OG ended up in the hospital. bone infection. Almost lost an arm now neither of us working. Wiped out our savings. AND the new landlord pushing for the garage. EVEN after knowing what we are going through.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts