Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Performance parts manufacturers giving you a free decal with the product you bought, bought some Lakewood traction bars....no decal..... Speed Pro forged pistons.....no decal... ARP fasteners.....no decal,... Autometer gauges.....no decal, A box of Crakerjacks.........got a sticker.....what the...........

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Collecting "decals" was always a thing I have done for years. Only place I have seen "freebies" from the companies you mentioned is at the very BIG cars shows like "World of Wheels" etc.

BTW.... Some decals are NEVER free ...... Two of my lifelong favorites Mooneyes & SoCal Speed Shop are never give-aways.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its funny, sometimes it seems I'm more jazzed about a cool decal in the box than the stuff I actually ordered. I grew up as a kid in an old auto parts store and collected every decal I could. To bad I used them all and didn't save them. I'm not a good saver though, I use it or get rid of it.

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
I still get decals with some items. Of course Speedway, Summit, and Jegs always send decals! Way more than I could ever use, and I never use them! Then there's the Equus gauges I put in my car, and got plenty of decals.
The old decals I love, and use, are always not free. I have to buy the nostalgia decals, and they're made poorly. Most have rotted away, and fallen off after a couple years.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Decals, Decals, Decals

Lash,
That's a great topic. If everybody else on here is like me, hopefully not, then their tool boxes are covered with those same said decals. I think we should all take photos and send them in. I know I have some oldies.
Lash, a suggestion. You might want to think about filling in the "signature" box on your profile page so that when you post (which you do often) your name automatically is applied so everybody knows who you are.

I've come back and edited this to add some photos of my tool boxes. I hope a lot of you guys will too!! The last photo isn't of decals but they oughta be, they're of some "illuminated gasser" signs and of course the clock, but the flourescent tube around it quit working. :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Damn those are some big ass decals..........Iam the type of guy that waxes his tool box..I know anal.........love the pics with the lights very cool............Lash

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
Sorry, but no decals on mine. Not sure why? My small tool box that went to races, and motocross events is full of stickers and decals. Not sure why my two rollarounds never got any? Maybe I need to start now?

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
First Tool Box

Hi Vall,
After reading your post I realized I had forgotten about my very first tool box. It's the tool box that my very first set of Craftsman tools came in; no drawers just a box with a lift out tote tray. When I upgraded to a bigger box (the one I wrote about being stolen) this is the one that I carried in the trunk of my car with an assortment of basic tools. Now it's filled with all sorts of small miscellaneous parts. This one has the oldest decals, Weber Clutches and Fenton Wheels; the Fentons were the first pair of mags I ever bought.
Thanks for jogging my memory :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
100_5376.jpg 100_5377.jpg 100_5378.jpg So I am a decal addict. I was the kid in Junior High with the peechee folder covered in STP decals. I collected them everywhere the military sent me. When I settled here in Washington and actually had a real shop, well I went crazy. Everywhere but on Elvira!

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
Hi Vall,
After reading your post I realized I had forgotten about my very first tool box. It's the tool box that my very first set of Craftsman tools came in; no drawers just a box with a lift out tote tray. When I upgraded to a bigger box (the one I wrote about being stolen) this is the one that I carried in the trunk of my car with an assortment of basic tools. Now it's filled with all sorts of small miscellaneous parts. This one has the oldest decals, Weber Clutches and Fenton Wheels; the Fentons were the first pair of mags I ever bought.
Thanks for jogging my memory :cool:
That's the exact same tool box I have! Only mine still has all my old tools for working on the dirt bikes in it. Haven't had a dirt bike since the mid 80's, but still use them occasionally on the quad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts