Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I cleaned
the shop up there was a ton of grinding an drilling and metal cutting dust every where....then I figured since the truck was out side I would wash it, then when I was down picking up the hose while washing it I notice one of the traction bars was hanging down lower than the other so I climbed under to discover that I never pulled them down tight.....holy crap...had to fix that it pulled the back of the truck down another 11/2 inchs looks better...then I started looking around while under there... and man there was cobb webs every where...had to clean that up while under there, man has it been that long since I started this project.....damn I need to get busy this summer

·
Registered
922 Posts
I did some cleaning yesterday while it was raining. I've got sanding dust all over everything. I got my lathe, mill, compressor, welder and band saw cleaned up. Today I went to a car show and found out my wipers work and that my windshield leaks. Lovely day.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I took the old chevy for its maiden voyage into town, found out it rides like a 2 ton truck ,going to put coil over shocks on the back to give it a little more bounce and raise the rear end a little so I can see out the rearview mirror and its running a little warm going to flush the rad it should be good its ONLY 1 year older than me but other than that it will always be a work in progress

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
I got the trunk lid on the car without scratching anything and moved the doors out of harms way so I don't have to come home and find some unfortunate accident overcome my new paint. Fumes got to my lungs as the paint is still gassing off so I relaxed the rest of the day. And I got the fertilizer down before the rain just in time. Rested up from a real busy week.

·
Administrator
13,427 Posts
Took the Austin to our monthly hotrod breakfast Sunday morning. Then finally couldn't put off servicing the wife's Mazda trans. As expected, you have to disassemble half the car underneath to get the pan off and change the filter! But found her little trans leak! Surprised it wasn't pouring fluid out, as I unscrewed every bolt on the pan with my fingers!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I got my '36 out of winter storage this afternoon. I'm getting a lot of cupping on the front tires so I checked into it a little bit and decided it's time for new king pins. I don't know if the front tires will still be usable with a re-balance or not. I hope so.

·
Registered
643 Posts
I went bench racing, dreaming about the big block that I just put in a couple a days ago, OH YEAH!,,,428 Cobra Jet

1 - 8 of 8 Posts