Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I got Jason's Stude here a month ago, and were starting to get things around to build a chassis for it.
After some talks, back and forth with Jason we're pretty sure the axle under the Stude ( not factory ) is the one to be used.
The drums have a 5 on 5 1/2 inch bolt pattern. So there's a good possibility the front axle is out of a fairly early truck, but certainly can't rule out car.
Here's a picture of the drums to start with. We're not even considering the use of the spacers, the last fellow used these to change the bolt pattern from its 5 1/2 to 4 1/2.

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Vall, I thought early truck 40's era also. It's going to get a rebuild and new spindles and disc brakes. Jason, ( gear anger ) is going to swing by and grab the axle and take care of its rebuild. I'm going to order up some new springs. This will get us a jump start for October when we plan on getting it in the shop.

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
Lots of parts still available for those axles, so they're easy to work on. They even make brand new drums for them if they don't turn to spec. Or they make disc brake conversions also to improve stopping power if needed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts