Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to sell my project quite a while ago and I'm glad I had no luck with that. I wasn't about to just give it away. My job loss really took a toll on me and my family. It was a bit of a struggle to keep what we have but we made it through a rough time and own our own business now.
I have been pecking away at my project again and just fabbed up a slide and tilt bracket for the front end and will be working on some rust issues very soon. Although I am quiet here I'm glad to be back at it and hope to connect with you guys soon. You guys are all great and talented and I am learning something new all the time from all of you. Photos are in my profile albums :) ..................I'll keep checking in an keeping you posted, Mike

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Welcome back, and glad things are working out better for your family! I saw your post on the HAMB site, and hoped you'd do something here too! I love those mid 60's Darts, and hope to see more of them done in gasser style!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Val and CG :) I had this car for 10 yrs and I'm just starting to get moving on it for real. It's a pretty hard build because I have nothing to go by and there aren't too many A body mopar gassers out there to study, and none near me. This is going to be the hardest car I ever put together. Everything is so small and hard to manipulate. It has really whimpy frame rails and doing the clutch linkage is going to take a lot of cussing along with everything else lol

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Sounds a lot like my Falcon, as far as small and wimpy. If you're putting a 440 in there, you might consider doing what I did to put the BBC in my Falcon. I put added 1"x3" box tubing all along the front lower frame rails, and then tied subframe connectors from that to the rear frame rails. These unibody cars really need something extra to handle much HP.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Congratulations on getting through it and starting your own business !

Wondering . . . is that a Rat Rod by any chance?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts