Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you guys know, I blew out my Achilles tendon on my right foot a while ago and had it surgically fixed. Well, I went in today for a check up and mentioned my left foot was hurting so we do an x-ray. Guess what? looks like I have to have the same surgery done to the left foot. total rebuild of my heel. SHIT! we are going to try a little therapy, but he said don't hold my breath.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Well, I gues the good news is, you know what to expect for surgery and recovery. Not much comfort in that. More time to work on the computer.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Sorry to hear that Dave. I'm sure the recovery is hard from that surgery. Just remember that at some time in the future you will be looking back and thinking it's all over. Just gotta get to that point. In 2005 I had to have major back surgery (three discs removed and fused and had a hard 4 month recovery. Then by 2007 I had to have my two disc removed and fused on my neck. But for me it was a good thing because I was able to get it all done before retiring and my insurance covered every penny. It also gave me a taste of being away from work for those months and prepared me for a complete get away from the job. I then retired in 2007.
Anyway. take it easy, get it all done, and get back to normal so you can enjoy life pain free.

Mark

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, Mark, I am not sure it is anything compared to what you went through! I have had a long history of operations but hopefully this will take care of it. These heel surgeries hurt more than my prostate cancer operation I had 3 years ago....

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I've been lucky other than the back and neck. Looks like you're a veteran of the OR. not something I envy. If it's any consolation, I'm going in for a colonoscopy (checking the ol' muffler bearing by going up the "tail pipe" LOL) but that's much worse for the doctor than it is for me. We've discovered a really good Mexican restaurant near by. I wonder what that will do to the results if I visit it the night before???

Markus O'Talkingassious

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is pure evil right there. ^^^

·
Registered
52 Posts
I've been lucky other than the back and neck. Looks like you're a veteran of the OR. not something I envy. If it's any consolation, I'm going in for a colonoscopy (checking the ol' muffler bearing by going up the "tail pipe" LOL) but that's much worse for the doctor than it is for me. We've discovered a really good Mexican restaurant near by. I wonder what that will do to the results if I visit it the night before???

Markus O'Talkingassious
It'll probably singe his nose hairs!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
"POLUPS, we don't do not stinkin' POLUPS!!!!! LOL.

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts