Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often I get an email about a post update I'm subscribed to, and the update is a month or more since it was posted! Got one this morning that was so old I couldn't find it when I went to the thread! Yikes!
Anyone else have this happen to them?

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure how the whole internet really works, so I can't imagine how posts sit in limbo somewhere and then suddenly get sent so I get a notice of an old post I've seen before.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
That's kinda odd. I'm not sure why the forum would do that.Maybe someone updated a post in the thread. What was the last thread it gave you a update on.

- dm, community support

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I bet it's when someone starts a post but doesn't finish it and backs out.
Sound good ? Lol
Mario

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,068 Posts
As I mentioned I had a whole string of threads all at once that when I clicked on (what's new ?) there were about 6 new threads shown and 4 of them had my screen name name as the last poster.
My thoughts were that maybe the site had an update and some threads got renewed ? Or just a burp or hiccup :) :)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I've seen nothing like that but the site is still doing the very slow response thing--at times--. So maybe there are still some issues with the software??? No expert here by any means. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find that this site often drops off line on me when I first get on it. Then once I reconnect, it's fine the rest the time.

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When this happens do you get any error messages?

- dm, community support
Yes, I get a pop up on the bottom of my screen that says "Gasserhotrods.com is not responding" then it asks if I want to recover the web page. Once I recover it, it works the rest of my visit. It only happens occasionally, but always with the first post I open or try to respond to.

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PS- The last couple days I've also gotten a page that pops up when I try to open a thread that says "Database error" I hit "backspace" to return to the previous page and open the thread again, and it works. Just did it to me when I opened the thread "Gasser of the day".

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Yes, I get a pop up on the bottom of my screen that says "Gasserhotrods.com is not responding" then it asks if I want to recover the web page. Once I recover it, it works the rest of my visit. It only happens occasionally, but always with the first post I open or try to respond to.
What browser are you using to access the forum? Is there any way you could use another browser and see if the issue happens there as well.

PS- The last couple days I've also gotten a page that pops up when I try to open a thread that says "Database error" I hit "backspace" to return to the previous page and open the thread again, and it works. Just did it to me when I opened the thread "Gasser of the day".
Next time this occurs copy the URL and post it here.

- dm, communty support

·
Administrator
317 Posts

Sorry about the delay getting back to you. What browser are you using to view the site? if you use another one does the same issue occur?

- dm, community support

1 - 13 of 13 Posts