Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from the Puyallup early spring swap meet... big disappointment... 1/3 not car related... another 1/3 repo tri 5....the rest was just stuff that really had no use for but lawn art (to far gone) there where maybe a dozen items there that where of real value but way over priced... most of the people there where sporting walkers....or canes and could not buy anything and walk with it ...poor soles I bet they to spent to many years under a car rack...I felt young there at 64...lol... like thats young...wasn't any cars on display worth taking pics of....I guess Iam spoiled from all of The Oakland Ca. grand national auto shows when I lived there..and as a teen...oh well thats life. Did see one thing that made me smile... a young man walking out with a set of ford small block headers....and a smile on his face with his new find...rodding is still alive in a few of the younger generation....thats what I am talking about

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
I usually drive up for the show, but since I'm not building anything I decided to not go. Sounds like I didn't miss anything.
The big Portland swap meet comes up the end of this month, and I rarely miss it! But I'm contemplating just doing the race track at PIR on Thursday, and skipping the Expo half on Friday. I always make great finds at PIR, but the inside buildings at Expo seem to be a waste of my time. I love the outside vendors, but not worth the parking, shuttle bus, and entry fee for that 1/3 of the swap meet.

·
Registered
699 Posts
The last car show I went to was in Missouri a few years ago. It was great if you were into Chevy. Not so much anything else (including other GM products) Only 3 Ford vendors, of which I was one and one lone Mopar. I think we will rear a point in the future where a lot of original stuff will be gone.

It's happened to some of the guns I own also. I'm restoring a sporterized Swedish Mauser m94 carbine. I was stupid lucky to find a stock, but there are a few parts that are just not out there, on ebay or other stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts