Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for Ring & Pinion for my 63 Pontiac nostalgia drag car. 4.30-1 -9.3" ring. Any help would be great. or info: . Thanks for your time. John, in Virginia

·
Registered
644 Posts
Go to fabcraft

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Hi John, I was at my friends shop last night and told him you might be looking for gears for your 63 and he said they still sell gears for 57-64 BPO rears. Are you not able to find anything or are you looking for something that may be a bargain in someones car parts hanging around. If you need a number for a retailer to buy those gears Gary said he would get you a phone number of a retailer that sells them for you. Do you have a 57 to 64 BOP rear in the car?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mario, Thanks for your reply. Not looking for a bargain, looking for gears, 4.30-1 9.3" ring,(front drop-out) new if possible. Not sure that will happen. I`ve been burned big time with gears off E-Bay, not again. I running a 4.10 now, and need to go to a 4.30, 4.56 is too deep. Any phone numbers you have or leads one who may have a set, please let me know. My first event is April 16th in Richmond Va, so i`m getting close. Thanks for your time. John In Virginia

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I'm heading to Gary's shop today. I'll ask him for the phone numbers he has.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Mario, Thanks for your time & help. I`m running M&H Vintage Racemasters tires,(28") on stock 14" steel wheels, with 4.10 axel. They hook great, with little, to no burn out. I feel this is a good combo for this car & weight. The reason for the 4.30 `s is to get a better 60' time, as you know will lower my ET at the stripe. As far as Fabcraft, they may show the 4.30`s on there Web page, but they "do not" have them in stock, I know this for sure, is why i`m reaching out to find a set. I am going to, North Carolina Auto Racing Hall of Fame, next week, for a project I have started with them. Will be back on Thursday 2-25. Please keep in touch. John

1 - 10 of 10 Posts