Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I admit I have been procrastinating, A LOT!

I went to the Pomona Drag strip a while back and I have yet to post the picks from the Wally Parks Drag Race Museum,,,so here ya go!

It was a great day and they offered a discounted admission. Tour the place as long as you want and you'll see from the pics they let you get pretty close to the cars.

It was not busy and everyone seemed very respectful of the exhibits,,very cool.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
NHRA Museum

More pics for you guys, no particular order ,,,

Imagine driving this car,,ok, now stop drooling,,,,,,,,,I was particularly intrigued by the placement of the gas pedal on top of the tunnel (another angle was in the previous post) and where your leg would be in relation to the shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Then there was the stuff in the parking lot ,,,

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More Gasser "stuff"

The outside of the Austin was a bit misleading,,,he was deciding if he wanted to do anything to the outside,,he kinda liked it the way it is,,,was thinking about calling it finished.

But we have had this conversation before, right?? Do any of us know of a guy who has a project that is truly "finished"????

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Opps,,, on that last post, the fender and slick was not supposed to go with that series,,and actually I do not have a wide shot of the truck that the tire and wheel was on, but it had some beautiful paint and attention to detail,,sorry to just tease you guys:eek:

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And just because we love pics,,,,,,

I was at a local car show and a different nostalgia drag race event a couple of months later, I caught a couple of Gassers for "all ya'all".

Little red riding hood, has been posted and discussed here before,,but I gotta say, she sure is bright in person!

I have more pics but cant find them right now,,I think they are in my phone, gotta move them onto the computer,,then will post more,,,,modern problems, eh? I am kicking and screaming into the "tech age".....AAAARRGH!!

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
"WAALY PARKS" Who the hell is "WAALY PARKS" ANYWAY???

MY BUST,, :eek:

Maybe some "administrator" can help me with an edit, I tried to go back and edit it but I could not figure out how to edit the title.

·
Registered
179 Posts
That museum is a must if you are anywhere near it. I've been there a lot over the last few years. During the Winters or Finals or even the Roadster show there's always lots of big names walking around. I had to drop a drive shaft off at a shop near there to be re-sized. My daughter and I had some time to kill so we went there. I think it was a Wednesday or Thursday. My daughter (she's 6) goes to run into the bathroom and runs right into 2 guys walking the other way. I pick her up and say I'm sorry to the men, its Brad Anderson from BAE fame and Steve Gibbs. They thought it funny.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Sorry, but I can't edit the titles either. The SWC WIllys was probably the nicest interior of any gasser ever run in AA/GS!
You did post a picture of the truck that fender and tire went to! Wasn't it the "Stevie's Speed Shop" Willys PU?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts