Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
To my fellow veterans, have a great day and if possible enjoy some of the free meals being offered us. I myself enjoy going to my local California Pizza Kitchen for their Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti which I'll be partaking of in about an hour and then come home and get something done on my cars.
I can't believe it's been 49 years ago that I was drafted; where'd the fucking time go...................

Yellow Rectangle Triangle Font Symbol
1969-1971 11Bravo HOOAH!!

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
As I

head off to bed I'm thinking about tomorrow, Veterans Day and friends I've lost. I watched a couple great documentaries today about the wars we've been involved in, none of which piss me off as much as Viet Nam and how the politicians haven't learned a damned thing. Love him or hate him I applaud Trump for keeping his word about ending our invovement in endless wars and pulling our troops out of these shit hole countries.
Anyway, to my fellow veterans enjoy our day and remember our brothers and sisters who aren't with us to enjoy their day.

Yellow Rectangle Triangle Font Symbol

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
USAF 1969-75 here. Happy Veteran's Day to all my fellow veterans!
We're heading out to lunch with our daughters and our youngest daughter's granddaughter who turns 14 today! Her dad is career Navy and is tied up doing Veteran's Day ceremonies on his day off. He's got 23 years in, and is getting out next June, we hope! Unless they offer him a buttload of money again, and he reenlists.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A tough

decision to make. What to take to my Veterans Day lunch; the 53, the Willys or the bike. It's T-shirt weather here so I opted for the bike. Great ride along PCH with the sun shimmering off the Pacific; sometimes (although it seems less and less often) life is good.

Glasses Chin Sky Vision care Goggles
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Product Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Veterans Day 2020

I hope all my fellow vets are doing well and are safe this Veterans Day. I'm heading off to Chilis for my free lunch and and hope the rest are doing the same. This year I've got a new T-shirt to wear.

Jersey Sleeve Textile Sportswear Grey

Font Rectangle Triangle Star Technology

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Hey Lash

"I love to go swimmin with bow legged women and swim between their legs."

Vall, when I moved here in 1988 no one flew an American Flag on my street, even my neighbor across the street who's a Marine veteran. One of the first things I did was put up my flag from my previous home and there's been since with the required light at night. To this date I think there are more people flying flags on my street than any other in the city. I think a lot has to do with the schools no longer teaching about patriotism.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Army vet here. I always fly a flag and keep it lit too. We have a few in the area that do this in the neighborhood. One of them either did not light the flag at night or the light was not working this last week and it caused quite a ruckus there for a while. I believe things are OK now because I have not heard anything the last few days.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
To my fellow veterans, have a great day and if possible enjoy some of the free meals being offered us. I myself enjoy going to my local California Pizza Kitchen for their Kung Pao Chicken Spaghetti which I'll be partaking of in about an hour and then come home and get something done on my cars.
I can't believe it's been 49 years ago that I was drafted; where'd the fucking time go...................

View attachment 101659 1969-1971 11Bravo HOOAH!!
Another year has passed and what a shame 13 of our best were recently killed because of our useless, feckless and coward of a president/commander-in-chief. But I digress. I hope my fellow veterans here are healthy, happy and well.

View attachment 101659 1969-1971 11Bravo HOOAH!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Have a very happy, healthy and safe Veterans Day. I also was drafted. N I agree with u Steve on the coward of our leadership. hope this guy gets impeach and the other guy gets court-martial. have a great day guys.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts