Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very slow response times on this site. I was having issues with my computer and thought it was my end. But I have since replaced my computer with a custom built system and all other sites are very responsive except for this one??? Can something be done to make my response time better? The big thing is, the response times vary here from slow to really slow. It seems to be erratic as far as how long to respond to a command. Such as going "back" after reading a post. I usually just ignored it but after just reading a post, it took probably 30 seconds to return. I hope I'm explaining this correctly. I have also noticed that spell check is very slow after I correct it. The red underline may stay visible for several seconds after the correction. Making me believe that it was still misspelled. But again, not every time. Sometimes it is instantaneous?? Thank you for any help you can provide me.

Mark L

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I noticed also on my iPhone there can be slow response at times as well. Right now my phone is acting fine as I'm typing but sometimes it seems a bit slow here too. Adding files to the site is frustrating because the upload window doesn't remember the last folder uploaded. Sorry to complain. Just FYI while you're at it.
mm

·
Registered
170 Posts
I am no PC? Expert but I believe spell check is not site related that would be at the p.c. End dont believe the forum he's a spell check just my 2 cents . On another note no speed probs from my end

·
Registered
699 Posts
I have no speed problems on the site on either my mobile platforms or PC. Not sure what your issue could be.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had originally blamed on my old computer. But this site is the only one it happen on. Both the slow reaction times and the spell check. But crazy as it sounds, right now the spell check is working perfectly. Not so with the finger action though, LOL, but not the sites fault. "Spell check is my friend". Mark L

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Not a good time for a Sir Markus SingsAlot song..... you could do "Slow Ride" ..... hope you figure it out soon!!! ......."take it easy...."

The forum isn't the same w/o you.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Hey Mark ,
do you have anti spyware antivirus running. sometimes tracking software gets in and causes slow responses. My pc is fine, I just have issues with my phone with slowness.
could also be java related.
mm

·
Administrator
317 Posts
I'm not noticing an issue with site speed. Do pages get timed out on you while loading or do you encounter any script or database errors? Also are there times when you find the forum runs slower then others? What browser do you use to view the forum as well?

- dm, community support

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm sorry but I'm too damn dumb for the compute questions. I have my son do all the computer stuff for me and I won't see him now for a while. It'll be, fine I just have to wait at times. I can deal with that. Thanks for everyone's help guys. I hate being out of control on these things.

Mark L

1 - 10 of 10 Posts