Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a little flattered today. I have been following a guy on Instagram that does 1/24th scale plastic models, but he modifies them so they look pretty damn cool and realistic. So, when I followed him, he went to look at my profile and sent me a message that he was going to build a model of my car! Here is his first update! I have to see if he will sell it to me!

Hood Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Vehicle

·
Registered
7,501 Posts
Now that is pretty cool. I wonder how much he would want if he sells it to you.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now that is pretty cool. I wonder how much he would want if he sells it to you.
I do not know but if you look closely, he even got the cut right on where I grafted the rear end on. I sent him a ton of pictures.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I'm really interested in seeing the finished product. It looks like he is a serious builder, he's got your build on a rotating base, a pin drill and some other builder tools shown. A while back I posted a few photos of the 53 Ford I'm building to look like mine. I haven't worked on it in a while, gotta get back to it although I'm thinking it's not going to look as good as yours.

Model
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Car
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
I got a little flattered today. I have been following a guy on Instagram that does 1/24th scale plastic models, but he modifies them so they look pretty damn cool and realistic. So, when I followed him, he went to look at my profile and sent me a message that he was going to build a model of my car! Here is his first update! I have to see if he will sell it to me!

So Dave have there been any updates from the model builder? I had put my build aside and just did some work on it today. I'm really looking forward to seeing how he's doing on yours.

View attachment 108094

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Thanks for posting the model update Dave. I believe you said earlier that you weren't sure if the builder was going to sell it to you or not; is that still up in the air. It looks like it is going to be a great miniature replica of your car. Do you know if he's going to do a straight axle? I can't wait to see it. I'm about ready to do the final paint job on mine. I just wish I could have found a 1/18 scale die cast of a 53 Ford instead of the 1/24 that I had to settle for.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting the model update Dave. I believe you said earlier that you weren't sure if the builder was going to sell it to you or not; is that still up in the air. It looks like it is going to be a great miniature replica of your car. Do you know if he's going to do a straight axle? I can't wait to see it. I'm about ready to do the final paint job on mine. I just wish I could have found a 1/18 scale die cast of a 53 Ford instead of the 1/24 that I had to settle for.
Yup, he is going to do a straight axle. It is still up in the air if he will sell it to me. He is actually having small stickers made for it. If you are on Instagram, his handle is Jersey Jerk Models.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do not know Vall. I asked that question and he has not answered. he answers when he wants.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
Dave,
It looks like the chassis exit headers in the photo are hand made. Should he end up selling you the completed model with those existing headers there is a company, headers where you can purchase some 1/18 scale fenderwell headers if you wanted to change them out. I've purchased several different parts from him and am very happy with the quality.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts