Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Originally Posted by mmhotrod View Post

What's happening over here Lash? I'm getting withdrawals. First no emails, and then no posts when I get here.
Hi Mario & ALL,

========================================================================

POSTED THIS ELSEWHERE ON THE FORUM - BUT AFTERWARDS thought I would start a NEW THREAD to see what's been oing on here in my in my absence.... ?????

Been trying to get reconnected with the GHR Forum again also.

Glad to see it is still here as well as some of the friends I have made here over the years.

I have read here about people frustrated with the websites "issues" which seem to mutiply or not upgraded to keep up with other ways of sharing with others via the Internet. (Facebook - more user friendly forums, etc)

As I said previously, I did NOT just change my "user name" from OpelGasser to WillysGasser because I changed the car I own & currently working on. It was because I could not find a way to get back on the website using my OpelGasser user name.

Eventually I had to change my user name by signing on as a NEW member.

Sure wish things would get as easy here as on Facebook with posting pictures, posts, notifications and being able to reach out to the whole world without having issues.

???????

John - Pittsburgh, PA

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Hey, John. It's good to see you back my friend. Sorry to hear you're having issues getting back up to date on the forum. I had a minor issue a few weeks ago but not since. It seemed to be associated with my browser. I was using Internet Explorer and it was locking up and giving me pop-up warnings. I switched to Google Chrome and everything seems to be pretty much back to normal.

I hope you get it ironed out real soon. I look forward to watching your Willys build and enjoying your colorful posts.

Best of luck! :)

·
Administrator
13,536 Posts
Not sure John, but possibly your browser, or if you're using a notebook or pad to browse, might be giving you issues? We've certainly had our share of problems in the last year since they updated the site. But it is getting better finally, and seems like I'm having no issues anymore. Maybe I should knock on wood now?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hi John,
I had to adapt to a few new things to keep going here with photos mostly, but its worth it and here you are again!

I have not had any real issues but I do mostly simple stuff with posting etc,,, I have not had any weird stuff happen either....
I am not the techie guy to help you out either, But if you need me to stop buy and hold a flash light or hand you a wrench I AM GOOD AT THAT!
Heck I usually even understand that thing-a-ma-jig bench racing lingo

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Hi John
I remember a while back you were having problems getting in and I thought it was when the techs forced a new password change during the hacking attempts. We were given a new email generic password and had to create all new for log in. From then on it went down hill. I always use safari on iPhone and iPad and on my Mac desktop. Somehow there were software issues and the site was acting very strange. During that period till now there has been software upgrades that do weird things to old browsers. I switched to Firefox on my iPad because my iOS cannot be upgraded any longer. My iPhone didn't need a browser upgrade cause my iOS is current. I also switched on my Mac mini just to try it. My picture uploading has gone archaic. All the upload features that were available stopped working. Not sure if it was damaged by someone or if it was just browser issues. Whatever the case is its still broken. But the site is somewhat manageable although not trouble free. I hope you can post ok and If not just start a thread in the auto guide. The techs are responding. Reach out to one of us if you can't figure something out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts