Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
The guy I bought my '63 Catalina was a car colector. He had an Austin PU just like that sitting in his field. Other than needing paint it was complete, rust free and original. He got it for free from a guy that he had worked for and always told him how much he liked it. The guy pasted away and left it to him in his will. Nope, he would not sell it, although I tried like hell. It even had a full rear wheelwell skirt that filled the full wheel opening, from the factory. Mark L

·
Administrator
13,337 Posts
The guy I bought my '63 Catalina was a car colector. He had an Austin PU just like that sitting in his field. Other than needing paint it was complete, rust free and original. He got it for free from a guy that he had worked for and always told him how much he liked it. The guy pasted away and left it to him in his will. Nope, he would not sell it, although I tried like hell. It even had a full rear wheelwell skirt that filled the full wheel opening, from the factory. Mark L
The original Austin PU rear fenders are made to nearly enclose the tires. The whole box and fenders are aluminum too! No chance of rust on an Austin's box.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts