Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
It'll be interesting to hear what you find Gary. Somehow a Henry J with a V8 just doesn't seem to blend well with the rest of the estate.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
You gotta go to that Gary. Probably be a bunch of farmers and toy collectors there. Maybe not so many hotrodders. Good luck, happy hunting.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasted most of the day today because they saved the Henry to sell last. '80sish build. Amateur body work and brown metallic paint. Early SBC/Powerglide with stock rear. Stock front suspension. Iron intake and exhaust manifolds. Rochester 2 BBL carb. Interior had early Mustang buckets. Seats, door panels and headliner were an orangish gold crushed velvet that smelled of mouse pee. Chrome reverse wheels. Side pipes. Not running. I'm thinking $1500 to $3000.

Bidding started out kind of low and slow. Once it got rolling, it didn't stop till $12,500! Unbelievable.

·
Administrator
13,411 Posts
Sounds like many typical auctions! All it takes is two guys with more brains than money to drive the bidding nuts. Too bad about the wasted day. Hope you found something else there worth your time!

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM isnt it more money than brains....I think some one hasn't had there morning coffee.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Sounds like a $2500 core after you get rid of the junk parts. Just think, someone paid 10 Grand for a small block with a glide! Oh.....and the sidepipes. I thought those engines were so cheap!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts