Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my occasional craigslist searches, I stumbled across these unique BBC valve covers for sale. Unfortunately they were gone quickly, and I missed out on them. But I figured they were cool enough to post a picture here to show the unusual fabrication.
Seller told me they use a thick spacer underneath to fit the BBC head surface, and then two sets of valve covers were cut and welded together to create the 409 style valve cover that fits the adapter base. I think it's pretty clever craftsmanship, and love the unique look. Probably have people really scratching their heads.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Interesting for sure. Could be an optical illusion, but it almost looks like you can see the cut line down the middle of it.

·
Registered
7,468 Posts
Interesting for sure. Could be an optical illusion, but it almost looks like you can see the cut line down the middle of it.
I saw the same line but if Vall didn't tell me they were welded together I would never have known. LOl
Very cool and great craftsmanship.

·
Administrator
13,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it may be showing, but it might be the narrow spacing of the fins where the two halves meet. I'd still love to have them, as they'd really create the illusion of a different engine, and keep people guessing! Seller said he'd call me if the first guy flakes, but I'm not holding my breath!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts