Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone else have problems trying to log out ??? I have tried for several days without success. Can an administrator help me out or just log me out and but figure out why the site will not let me log out.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Can you clarify the issue? Clicking the log out button (top right corner), closing the browser, or deleting your cookies are all ways of logging you out. Are you unable to do any of these?

What browser / os / device are you using?

Can you provide some more information?

- JB

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not on chrome but on google internet, have click on log out button no log out close brower and deleted cookies not luck can you log me out

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Rik why don't you try firefox. Maybe your browser is not compatible with the forum software.

·
Administrator
13,524 Posts
I never tried to see if I can sign out, as I never sign out. But just gave it a try, and works fine for me.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
@noted1017 I've tested logging out on Internet explorer and was able to log out fine. Unfortunately we don't have remote access to be able to log you out of your account. Have you tried testing this on a different browser?

Niall

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
will let you know. If not hey, I may break the record for the guy that is on the site 24/7 but not on the computer. LOL........

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Rik,
Try clearing your cookies. When I do my monthly cleaning any sites that I have clicked on the "remember me" (bank, email etc.) window I have to log back onto because clearing the cookies disconnects you.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Was this meant for me after my above post or for Rik. If the question "let us know how you get on" was for me and you're referring to logging back onto the site I simply type in my user name, password, click on "remember me", sign on and don't sign out again until I do my regular computer maintenance. I use Google Chrome (love it) for my browser and Webroot for virus protection and never had a problem.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
thanks for the help but nothing has worked. I will not unplug from the wall or blow on the cable. I have been on google chrome and that allows me to sign on and off it also that means that I am on the site twice at the same time. I am on chrome and internet at the same time should that be happening ??? I am stuck at internet google, yes I typed in name etc etc. and not able to log out. why unknown reasons. may be heck by the Russia gasser hot rod site LOL. I am not on the site 24/7 as I have others things to attend do. would like to continue on the site with pic and info to share but I am unable to post pic . Steve I think he was speaking to me and I love your build keep up the good work ....................

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey noted1017,

I've never heard of this issue of trying to log out but rather the other way around. You've cleared your cache and cookies and refreshed your page but still can't log out? What happens exactly when you click on the 'Log out' button at the top right corner of the page, is there an error message that appears? If so, what does it say and can you take a screenshot of this? Even if you're not using the site, why do you want to log out? It would prevent you from having to always log in when you return.

Thanks for your patience,
Natalie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts