Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my new headers have 3 1/2" collectors I can't use these 3" inserts. New from CCI they're $76 each plus the shipping. I have them listed for sale locally on Craigs List and also on Ebay for $100 plus shipping but if any member here is interested I'll sell them for $92.65,; that's $80.00 for the inserts and $12.65 for shipping in a USPS medium size priority flat rate box. This is from the CCI web site

Known as CC Inserts, this unique design helps pull the exhaust gases through the exhaust system. This can increase torque and horsepower, while decreasing sound volume. The insert is 7" long. Simply slide them into your header collector and bolt to your header flange with 3 bolts. This allows easy removal for open headers. These baffles are so unique that they have a US Patent. They offer a great amount of versatility to dial the sound where you want it. They can be packed between each disk with a muffler packing or steel wool and each kit comes with an optional plug and restrictor cap for the center tube. Save weight (less than 1 pound), and valuable space under the car.

I really like them, that's why I got another pair for my new headers.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
sounds like a great deal steve. did you put the flanges on or did you buy them that way?

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Mario,
This pair I bought new from Car Chemistry. I wasn't nuts about paying over $150 for something I didn't know much about but after reading good reviews about the part I decided to buy and never regretted it. That's why when I wanted some for the new headers I found the ones listed on Ebay but for those I did have to buy the collector flange and extra disc and weld them up but even with that it was still cheaper than buying new.
I agree with you, it is a great price for someone on the site.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I wish I knew what I was definitely doing with the exhaust on the MG. I'm interested but not ready yet. I was thinking of putting them on the header and running a side pipe with a glass pack or even without a muffler. Cobra gasser look.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They're gone, sold on Ebay to a dude in Minnesota.

Guy got a hell of a deal!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts