Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never happened before, but today my Kaspersky is giving me alerts here when I open the site, or any thread! Something about a Trojan virus "HEUR" at this site trying to download to my computer.
I'm out of here until this goes away!

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
That's exactly why I love my Mac computer.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hi there, can you please provide me with the following?

- a screenshot of the alert?

- browser/version you are using?

- device you are using?

- a link to the page where you are seeing the alert?

-Marie
community support

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there, can you please provide me with the following?

- a screenshot of the alert?

- browser/version you are using?

- device you are using?

- a link to the page where you are seeing the alert?

-Marie
community support
Can't give you a screen shot, as it's not doing it today.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium

An HP laptop.

Doesn't matter which thread I open on this forum, all show the same virus attempting to download to my computer, and my Kaspersky is rejecting them. But not doing so today.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Hey Marie
While you are fixing things , the photo uploader from computer is only allowing 1 photo at a time instead of the default 5 photos as most forums.
Thanks
Mario

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hey Marie
While you are fixing things , the photo uploader from computer is only allowing 1 photo at a time instead of the default 5 photos as most forums.
Thanks
Mario

Hi there, I just uploaded five images in a test thread. Are you still only limited to 1?

Thanks,

-Marie
community support

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Can't give you a screen shot, as it's not doing it today.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium

An HP laptop.

Doesn't matter which thread I open on this forum, all show the same virus attempting to download to my computer, and my Kaspersky is rejecting them. But not doing so today.

Thanks, when you see it come up again, can you try and screencapture it? Then I will send it in to tech.

-Marie
community support

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I just tried to select more than one pic and it will not let me. I can do it one at a time but its brutally long back and forth. Im on my work mac computer now which is not usual for me. My home mac has the same issue. Your upload dialogue box looks corrupt. smaller and crunched.
If you want I can screen shot another forum using the same software.
thanks

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Hi, I'm not seeing that myself, if you can give me a screenshot, that would be great. I just did another test, this time on an iPad Mini 2, I was able to upload 5 images without any issues. I used Safari and Chrome. What are you using?

-Marie
community support

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
It happens with safari and Firefox as well. Selection will only allow one at a time. So I browse select only one in a folder and back to upload. Then browse again and upload for the second. Later I can send you a screen shot on another forum as to how mine here looks and another forum looks that works 5 at a time.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Here is the select files dialogue which is how it used to look like a while ago on your forum. Second screen shot is to show you how it let me select all 5 files to upload at the same time. Your forum will not let me do that anymore.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
I guess I should have posted what your forum looks like first so here it is. Ist shot shows the select files dialogue looking like it is corrupt. Second shot is the selection of only one file and I can't select all 5.

Attachments

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Administrator
317 Posts
I guess I should have posted what your forum looks like first so here it is. Ist shot shows the select files dialogue looking like it is corrupt. Second shot is the selection of only one file and I can't select all 5.
When you click on browse, you can only select one image for each 'Browse'. To select another one you will need to click on that little + sign beside the upload button. This way you can upload more than one image.

It's back! My antivirus is denying a Trojan again! Getting my pop up warning from Kaspesky again!

showthread Denied: HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic http://as2.autoforums.com/ads/www/d...orking-on-1938-Plymouth-Coupe-Gasser/page25// 5/18/2015 6:53:34 AM

forum Detected: HEUR:Trojan.Script.Generic http://as2.autoforums.com/ads/www/d...ttp://www.gasserhotrods.com/forum/forum.php// 5/18/2015 6:55:46 AM
Which browser are you seeing this on? Once I know that I will send it over to tech promptly.

Thank you!

~Kay

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can I assume that no reply to the Trojan alert means the site knows it's there, and is doing it? Since I see the same Trojan alert at another Autoguide forum, I'm guessing you guys know about it, or have some part in it.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
We have no part of the trojan alerts and we're doing our best to scrub our sites clean. We just recently cleaned it yesterday. Are you still seeing the alerts?

~Kay

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Not right now. But might pass on to whoever admins the Ford Muscle forum that it's still happening there today.
http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/
What does you anti virus alert you to when you visit fordmuscleforums.com. That is one of our sites so we can look into clearing it there too :)

~ DM

1 - 20 of 45 Posts