Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...new to the transporting of cars...anyone have any reputable sources for getting a car from Texas to Milwaukee ?...hopefully it doesn't cost as much as the car...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Hey guys...new to the transporting of cars...anyone have any reputable sources for getting a car from Texas to Milwaukee ?...hopefully it doesn't cost as much as the car...
Hi, I live in Texas, wish I could help you I don't have a pickup or trailer yet. Honestly, if you could manage to pick it up your self some how it would be way cheaper and way faster. I don't know the cost, but I know that you could be waiting for a month or more to get your car! A long time to twist in the wind counting the minutes till your car finally gets there. The big transports are not going to drive cross country to you with just your car. They will wait till they have a full truck to make the trip pay. Depending on how the cars are lined up, yours could be last to deliver, if your the farthest destination.

If its the only way, then that's it. I have no doubt that wealthy people will get there cars delivered much faster, they will haul one car but your going to pay for a truck load. I have a friend with the means to do that. He says there are lots of smaller car haulers, that only haul one car. They will run straight to you, and it wont take long, but you got to pay!

·
Administrator
13,415 Posts
The transport business can be all over the place in pricing, and service! Often the least expensive can also be the toughest on your vehicle. If you're buying a project car, then cheap isn't a bad way to go, as the concern of damaging a project car is less.
If I was shipping a nice car, I'd want to be sure the carrier was enclosed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts