Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a Hurst shifter for my 350. Will a stock style cable work on this?...or is this one of those " only our products work on our products kinda thing". Going to a swap meet on Sunday...could use some info for correct shopping...thanks.. shopping

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Im not so sure the cable will work on the shifter end without some kind of modification to the shifter body to accommodate the length of that end. I never tried it before. I bought one from summit for my pro-matic shifter which I bought used at a swap meet. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.
Mario

·
Administrator
13,416 Posts
No. Tried it on my Camaro, as my aftermarket shifter didn't come with a cable. The Hurst and B&M cables may be interchangeable, as they're threaded on the outer sheath, and should fit both. The factory cable has eyelets on both ends, and Hurst and B&M cables have eyelet on one end, and threaded shaft on the other.

There's a used Hurst cable on Fleabay for BIN of $19
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hurst-Shift...Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a466cefdb&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...put a bid on it..by the time I pay for the shipping , I probably could get a new one with free shipping for the same cost...HMMM..thanks for the info...will look this weekend at the swap meet...nice to get a new one..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts