Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
I second the photos comment. Wish I could go!

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
Rob Stuart and Ed Iskenderian will also be there giving a talk on gassers. Wish I was closer, as I'd love to see it! Rob sent me an email, but didn't think to post the event. Sorry.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For a first time event it was really well done. I don't know if the event reached its 80 entrants limit but it had to have been pretty darn close. What was really cool was that if a non registered car showed up that didn't meet the "gasser" criteria it was directed to park in a different area. Lots of cars I recognized from back in the 60's and lots of recent builds too. I took some photos which I'll post later but the best ones will definitely be from the dudes who were there from Gasser Wars and Gasser magazines. I really lucked out on one thing though. As you walked up to the front door entrance of the museum there was a full size poster of the event taped to it. As I was getting my participants packet, which included a really cool printed name tag with your name and car year and make, I asked the girl if they were selling prints of those posters. She said no that there were only about three of them. I asked her if I could have the one from the front door and she said sure, just come back when you're leaving and she put my name on it. Now I guess I have a very limited edition poster of the very first "Tribute to Gassers" event held in California. It's going to look really nice framed and hanging on my wall with my other gasser art work. This definitely has the potential to be a really great event if they continue it.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Great photos and a nice score on the poster. Keep the photos coming. Thanks again for allowing us to visit with you.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tribute to Gassers photos 3

These are the rest. I didn't take a whole lot because as I said with the pros there from the magazines their shots will be the best.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Gasser Posters

Well, I finally got the "Tribute to Gassers" poster framed and hung. I had to do a little rearranging and took a couple down; but they'll go in another room with all the other art work. I've also got a great diecast collection of gassers. Right now I'm working on the den so they're all packed up. When I'm done and have them back on display I'll post some photos.
Maddog, if you're reading this yes, the yellow 53 is mine. I posted some photos sometime back. Right now I'm putting a new induction system on it. I got a really good deal on an NOS Ford, not Dove or Prostock Engineering, tunnel wedge manifold; so I'm dumping the cross ram. Ford designed it for strickly in line Holleys with vacuum secondaries so since I'm running 650 dual feed double pumpers that need to be mounted sideways I had to get a couple adapters heliarced on then of course getting the linkage to work but the fuel line plumbing has been the real challenge. Factor in that my magneto needed to be sent in for service...................... and as we all know it never ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Nice steve. Awesome cars. Love it.
Thanks for posting them for us all
Mario

1 - 13 of 13 Posts