Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been down with lung and sinus infection spent a day in the hospital, tubes in lungs nose IV's bla bla bla... better now A little weak, but I wanted to get something done on my truck, so I make my patterns for my plexi glass side windows, get them done and took out my green tint to cut also....... then I froze some thing hit me that I read here, sure enough it was a post on law and window tint. well I came in looked up the state patrol regs and you can guess what happened red, yellow green and black not allowed in any percentage, only grey and blue, my trucks green, thank you for the website Vall it would have cost me big bucks too replace all that wasted plastic and time and a $45 roll of tint. What I dont get is why green all the older cars could be ordered with a green or blue tint

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
I really am confused on their reasoning for what colors are OK, and which aren't? I'm also confused on the tint levels, as I see so many cars that are much darker than the law allows. I'm unsure if they enforce any of it here in Oregon, since I see so much that violates the laws.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Well first off, and more important, are you ok? I have a brother in law that lives in Washington and he tells me it is almost always cloudy there and or raining at least some. Moss grows on things every where etc... I just wonder if that has an effect on a persons health over all. Any way I hope your going to be ok, and it sure speaks well of you in that you still have the grit to work on your truck in spite of how you feel. The car is all I have to keep me happily busy and mostly sane!

Any way, I had brought up the window tint question here because as we know, period gassers almost all had either red, blue, green and amber in most cases. My Nova is red and white and I wanted the dark red tint for it. They even had "gasser tint" on Ebay. Checked Texas laws, you cant have red, blue or amber but I guess green is ok. its not listed.

Another reason to move down south where the sun shines all the time. Ha

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Warlock for both the get well and the post, and Vall I agree with what your saying I see limo tint witch isnt legal here on cars trucks and suv's. but ok on a commercial limo, I was thinking about doing it any way but we have a bitch of a woman cop here and she messes with every one, think small town....... I may look at blue but not what I want

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
Well first off, and more important, are you ok? I have a brother in law that lives in Washington and he tells me it is almost always cloudy there and or raining at least some. Moss grows on things every where etc... I just wonder if that has an effect on a persons health over all.
Yes, the weather is terrible here in the Pacific NW! Rain almost daily, and moss, mold, and mildew is a constant issue. Almost impossible to keep a car moving enough for to keep the moss from growing on the tires; even the tread! We love to keep all those rumors going, as it keeps the people from other states thinking this is a horrible place! So don't listen to anyone who tells you how many dry, 80+ degree days we've had this year! Or anyone who starts telling you our snow pack is low, and reservoirs are nearly dried up! They're all lying, and just trying to entice people to move here! :)

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vall is correct you dont want to live here due to the weather............ I remember as a kid I had to walk 10 miles thru 20 foot snow to get to school, my foundation on my house is really on pontoons,

·
Registered
278 Posts
Yup my dad told me pretty much the same thing when I was growing up, he too had to walk 10 miles thru the snow every day for school. 10 miles much be the standard mile number. I believed him for years!

·
Administrator
13,420 Posts
Yup my dad told me pretty much the same thing when I was growing up, he too had to walk 10 miles thru the snow every day for school. 10 miles much be the standard mile number. I believed him for years!
Yes, schools are 20 miles apart, so always 10 miles to a school, no matter what direction you walk! :)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
And up hill both ways! Glad you are feeling better. If you decide to go blue, let me know. I have a roll I bought and it was too funky looking when I laid it over the grey tint I got the glass with. It is the Gasser tint you see on epay. Keep getting better.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Maddog long time no here whats been doing

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Damn just saw your crash post man that really sucks,,but thats the risk when your out on the road..... I remember way back when I built my ridged frame BSA 650 chopper, pulled it out to the end of the driveway parked it to go put my leathers on.... heard a sick metal crash sound.... ran out the door to see my neighbor across the street decide using my driveway was a good way to be lazy and not have to back up twice to clear his driveway, bike with custom paint, chrome tank all damaged, he had no insurance wasnt required back then, his GTO disappeared a week later go figure there is karma.... really wasn't me..........

1 - 12 of 12 Posts