Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a build log for the car the club bought. As I said in my intro the car was sold before it could get finished. Just thought I'd share a little of what we did.
11-08-07 Scroungers Car Club bought this 64 Falcon as a project to get us out of the garage and on the track. It didn't look like much. This is how it was bought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We had a time freeing it from it's resting spot that it been in for a few years. little tugging and dragging but we ended up hooked to the truck.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We had a cherry picker coming but no one wanted to wait.

We dropped the tie rod end and shoved the front end out of the way. Unbolted everything dropped it on the ground and raise the car up. A little pulling and out from under the bird came the engine and trans.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

For the first day of having the car in our possesion we did okay. in less than an hour, we took off the hubcaps, hood, engine & trans, front and back seat, front bumper, hood latch, front suspension and clean out all the extra parts that came with the car.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ryan calls and by noon the car is hooked again and on its way to his house.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We got her in the garage and before I left one thing lead to another and we ended up going up the street and getting a front end.

Before I knew it the car was pulled back out and the tape measure was being used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I had to drive some people back home and by the time I got back the front end was off and the rest of the suspension. Within a few minutes out came the cutting torch and the cut off wheel and things were happening.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mock up. I stopped at the store and bought some perches but Ryans smooth hands cut the old ones off and they was reuseable. We just need to weld them a few inches over. We stuck it all together and got it close to where it would sit.

We made a cardboard template for our rear brackets. It turned out pretty good.

It was getting late so we cleaned up and closed up the garage for the night.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

The driverside inner fenderwell and frame rail cleaned up from the removal of shock tower.

1 pair of solid mount spring shackles for the rear of the driverside spring.

Spring shackle sitting in place on driverside outside frame rail.These are made out of 1/4" plate steel

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some worked on the trunk lid. We cut out the bracing. We left the outer bracing so it wouldn't be too flimsy. The glue they use to stick the bracing to the shell is some tough stuff. It took a bit but we got her loose. The hinges, rods, trunk lock and latch was removed for weight reduction.

The hood is next

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Shackles look out of wack in the pics but nothing was tight. Everything was loose

rear spring mount

driverside spring front to rear

Front end gasser style....

One more Nose UP!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Nice job so far. Getting---"that look"--- heh. Mark L

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've always been a fan of Falcons. My wife wants this body style for her daily driver. I just may have to help her find one.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts