Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys I am a huge Tri-Five Chevy fan, I own four, but I have wanted to go nostologa racing and of course for me that means "Gasser". Problem I have always had is there are just to many chevys. I always want to be a little different and so I have decided to go Ford Tri-Five gasser racing. I have over the years aquired quite a few Ford pictures so I am going to start posting them every once in a while. In the meantime the search for the right car "Starts". Got a couple of leads but nothing written in stone, would prefer a 55 or 56 but I'm open. Anyone hear of a 2 door car in not to bad of shape holler up!!

Roland

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hey Hombre, nothing at all wrong with building a 55 ford. you can make a gasser out of any car and it would look great. i'm a 55 chevy man also but there are lots of good looking cars out there. I wish some of the mopar guys would build a 55 dodge or plymouth gasser.

·
Premium Member
43 Posts
I love those cars also , and i also think they look soooo much better with an axle upfront. I know of a 55 post outbeside a barn with a 312 and 3 dueces but it was his dads car and he wont sell it . Instead of his oldmans favorite car being fixed he is going to let her return to mother earth as it has been doing for the last 20 years .

·
Registered
107 Posts
got a few trifives myself and a 49 dodge. its good to spread the wealth. good hunting roland.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I'd take a nice '57 Ford in a heartbeat!!!! To be a bit more specific, either a 2dr hardtop or a 2dr Ranchwagon!!!! When I was in school, had a '56 Ford, started out with 272 ci power and wound up with a 406 ci Tri Power and 4 speed (thanks to a donor Galaxie that landed in the junkyard). Would love to duplicate that car someday, it was a blast!!!!

Thanks for the pics, Roland!!!!! Woke up lots of memories!!!

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
I'm a GM guy but I love the looks of tri-five Fords as gassers too. Man I'm just pro gasser, no matter what the manufacturer. I'm definitely leaning towards the '57 Fords though. Great lines. Mark L

·
Registered
33 Posts
Guys I am a huge Tri-Five Chevy fan, I own four, but I have wanted to go nostologa racing and of course for me that means "Gasser". Problem I have always had is there are just to many chevys. I always want to be a little different and so I have decided to go Ford Tri-Five gasser racing. I have over the years aquired quite a few Ford pictures so I am going to start posting them every once in a while. In the meantime the search for the right car "Starts". Got a couple of leads but nothing written in stone, would prefer a 55 or 56 but I'm open. Anyone hear of a 2 door car in not to bad of shape holler up!!

Roland
I gotta agree. Those Ferd pics. are nice. That 'gunfighter' altered wheelbase gasser is just crazy enough.
Between cars and pickups I own 6 tri-fives and I like the Fords,as you have posted.I agree,,it's very cool to see something different. I guess 55 ford would be my favorite. I like the 57's lines but don't like the bug eyed headlights. Thanks for the pics. If ya find something,please post it.-Keith

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Just a shout out for the '53-'54 Ford bodies too. When I was 14 and 15 I worked across the street at the Sinclair gas station. That would be 1966 and 67. There was a guy (last name Frost, can't remember his first name) that was driving his '54 Ford Glass top Crown Vic to college about 24 miles one way everyday. Every morning he stopped to fill up. It was said he had a FE 427 in it but some said it was a built 390?? That was the car that tore me away from motorcycles and firmly planted me into the world of hot cars. The station had a big three window bay window right there at the pumps where the cash register was. He never shut the car off and I still remember the window shaking and vibrating in and out and I do remember an oil can falling off the shelf once. I probably did a shitty job of stacking it, but it still added to the mystique of the car. It was a dark Green and set up high like a gasser. Loved that car. Especially that glass roof. Good memories. Mark L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts