Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hitting 71 in a week, and since I was 12 years old I've been the designated family mechanic. My family weren't gearheads, so I started doing tune ups, and brake jobs for my dad. Then my older brother wanted me to fix things on his cars too. And soon I found myself overloaded with working on family cars.
Fortunately the age of computers put all that to a halt, as they baffle me. But I still get called to troubleshoot, do brakes, or little things. In May this year our granddaughter tapped somebody in the rear with the Mazda Protege my wife gave her mother, who passed it on to her. So I replaced one front fender and a headlight.
Yesterday she did it again, and this time pretty good! Gonna take a bumper, both headlights, radiator, fans, and a hood! Spent this morning pulling parts at pick n pull, and starting repairs!! I hope I get too old for this crap soon!

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Bad news your to old now... but just like me to stubborn to admit it..I have boxes full of out dated scanners and stuff for the old obd-1 ...cars, and early obd-2 stuff...early computer cars were easy compared to the latest stuff...you do know at 71 Biden mandates that your penis be cut off

·
Administrator
13,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting old has all sorts of deficits, and other than being retired, not sure of many positives! This coming year the requirement to begin taking mandatory withdrawals from our investments begins. I've not taken any since I retired 11 years ago, as we live pretty frugally, and didn't need to. So looks like we'll start a small spending spree once my tax guy tells me how much I need to take out next year.

Moved the '39 back into the backyard shop where it was built yesterday. It looks like summer is gone until next year now! Rains, and cold weather is all I see in the forecasts now for the future. Wont winterize the Austin yet; just in case we do get a decent day here or there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts