Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I was growing up back in the 60's the 23 T was only 40 years old (by todays comparison that would be like a car from the 1980's would be a 40 year old car) Now here we are today & the 23 T body style will be looking at a 100 year old anniversary in 4 more months, Some things never go out of style 😊

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Got interested in Model A’s several years ago when a friend invited me to the NHRR in Bowling Green. Was like a bucket list for me just getting to meet the hero’s of my youth. The attention to detail on their cars was astounding. Building a full on 1950-1960 Rail Dragster wasn’t practical but still gives me a notion of the overall visual effect I would like to achieve. Of interest, the A Modified car was at one time the C Gas Record Holder in the late 50’s/early 60s with a small block Chevrolet. My understanding is Ray had owned the car and sold it to Preston. Preston put the SBC in it and held a few records

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Crankset Bicycle tire Automotive tire Bicycle frame Hub gear
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yessir it is glass. Here are some more shots of the positioned steering box as well as the brake cylinder. We have not set the ride height on it yet because I have not decided on the wheel and tire combo, I am doing that right now. The engine stubbing was to decide on the steering column and linkage, whether to use a Corvair or a Vega Steering box. I am trying to figure out what wheels to put on it right now

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive exterior Bumper
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire
Plant Automotive tire Wood Road surface Asphalt
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Tread

Attachments

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Love the project. I almost did that instead of the MG. Once the body gets on the chassis it takes on a whole new cool factor.

Reactions: wrp

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Love the project. I almost did that instead of the MG. Once the body gets on the chassis it takes on a whole new cool factor.
Not to take anything away from a T-bucket (they make great fuel altereds) but I'm glad you went with the MG Mario; that is in a "cool factor" all of its own especially with its "Highway To Hell" mojo going on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts