Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok all you lucky people that went to the Portland swap meet what did you buy or wish you did, and what was some of the coolest things you saw. Also how was the pricing???

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
We had a booth at PIR and it was good. People were looking for steal deals more than most years.

Did see a really cool original black paint mid-60s Chevy fleetside with factory air/tint. air-ride, etc go for a little over $10k the first day. It was nice.

My friend was really jonesin' for a blue and white '65 or '66 VW bus that was thrashed for $12+k! Who new they were worth so much?!? I gave one away in the '80s that was way nicer. There was a '67 bug that was a better deal I thought. Perfect patina on a blue paintjob and perfect stance.

There was a Topolino body that was aching to be a gasser and it was only $1,500.

I only sold about $1,000 worth of stuff but that is $ for the projects.

A guy a couple booths down from us scored a '75 Honda CB360T for $600 with a spare. It started on the first kick every time. (the battery was dead for the starter) Sounded just like my first bike, a '73 CB350 so that was cool.

Great neighbors (for the most part - OK, the tweaker across the way was scary) mostly good weather (if you don't count the couple hours of torrential downpours - I did get sunburned and windburned) and great friends to hang with for 3 days.

Totally worth it.

Will be there next year, hopefully with a car or two to sell. Sold two last year.

Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts