Gasser HotRod Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone besides Jeff (1956 Chevy Gasser) Bert (RICHIES) and I going to Puyallup swap meet this weekend? This is the early bird swap meet, and should be a decent one! Sat. & Sun.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Did you find any treasures? Have not made it to Puyallup yet. Usually go to Monroe Swap Meet. Do you ever make it that far North?

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never been to Monroe meet, but would like to get there sometime. I made a great find for my off topic '71 Camaro. The headers on it are over 35 yrs. old and I noticed recently they had a dime size hole rotted through in the collector. Paid $69 for those Doug Thorleys back then, and they've given super good service, with a great fit.
I was putting off buying headers for the 427, and then ran across a new pair of old chrome plated Doug Thorley headers at the meet for $80! Needless to say I grabbed them pretty fast at that price!

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Anyone besides Jeff (1956 Chevy Gasser) Bert (RICHIES) and I going to Puyallup swap meet this weekend? This is the early bird swap meet, and should be a decent one! Sat. & Sun.
Lucky you!!! Our swap meets will not start until April 1...... still a lot of Winter to deal with. :(

·
Administrator
13,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We started last Nov. and have had one a month ever since. Not sure about March, but the April Swap meet at our Expo center brings people from all over the world! It's one of the best in the world, and I used to take off work to go to opening day! Now I can be there and not miss work! (Not that I ever really MISSED work!)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
When we were in L.A. a couple of years ago I picked up some swap meet flyers at the LA Roadster Show ...... there are numerous places that also have swap meets throughout the year.

For me & my wife part of the fun of having a hot rod project is finding "goodies" for it at swap meets & flea markets. Have fun ..... looking forward to hearing all about your "finds"!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts