Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Just wanted to share a swap meet find, and see if anyone might know more about these. No makers mark. They are 14x7 two piece, and have tire screws on the back side of the rim. Pretty sure they won't hold a tire as there is some really deep pitting on the front sealing surface of the rim, but they felt like a steal at 20 bucks!

image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Way back when many custom wheel manufacturers had 5 spoke wheels like the ones you bought. Mine were Keystones.

As for using them you can always use an inner tube which is still not an uncommon practice especially with certain wheel - tire combinations.

I am currently considering buying a pair of old school one piece aluminum wheels for the front of the GT (15" x 5") .... Included are a set of inner tubes.

But then, for only twenty bucks they could be used as garage wall art

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These were the first ones I've seen that were 2 piece, so I had to have them haha. I did buy them for garage art since I am probably going with a wider tire on the back of the comet anyways. I just find it fun to have parts that most likely came off a car that somebody busted some knuckles on, well before my time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts