Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone see the show monday night. Farm truck was at a drag strip event and was racing against Henry J's and straight axle nova's and coupes. I was wondering if that was a gasser event or just a regular weekend gathering at the strip.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I saw the commercial for it but missed the episode. I like the cars but cannot stand the guys who drive them except Big Chief. he seems like a nice enough guy.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear ya Dave. I'm sure this is all hyped up for better TV.
I love the story line. Yeah chief is great guy. Excellent builder and tuner.
Wish I could meet those guys and watch the gto run.

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
I haven't watched it for a long time. It was so staged and phony that I gave up on it pretty quickly. My younger brother lives near Oklahoma City, and said the "street races" were not really on a street, but on a rented access road to a small local airport. And the "police" were also rented cars, as you'll notice if they ever show a side view the cars simply read "Police" and no agency markings.
It's just a group of local guys who were clever enough to make their own TV show, and sell it to Discovery, to fund their car builds, and play time.
But I may have to see if I can find that show, just to watch the scene at the strip with real racers.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The show has gotten really good this season. The cars are ungodly fast. The rented road may be true because they are under lights during the taping but no matter cause it's not about running from the police. It's all about the list competition and tuning to hold down the road to make passes with chiefs car making over 2000 Hp.
TV is tv but the story line is great during the competition. I look forward to each new episode.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I enjoy watching the show, but the fake indy car sounds and tire screeching is annoying. At least the indy car engine sounds are gone from this season. I believe you can find some of the past episodes online, but I don't know where.

The power that some of those cars make is pretty impressive to me, and the tuning required to get them down the street/track.

I remember from the show that Farmtruck and AZN were at a car show in Kansas called the KKOA? Or something similar? I have been meaning to find out when and where that is cause it looked like a good time, and not too far for me.
Edit: this is what I found: http://www.kustomkempsofamerica.com/editorial.htm

Edit 2: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJUcCWZR4MuLTtggla3c5HA

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Farm Truck & Asn where in Pittsburgh last weekend for the World of Wheels Custom Car Show.

They were scheduled to be on stage to sign autographs, take pictures with fans, etc. They started their first session over an hour early ..... NEVER took a break ALL day as the line of people to see & talk to them never got short. I left about an hour & a half before closing time & they were still on the stage greeting fans. Great down to earth guys who care so much about the fans waiting to see them that they never took a break all day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts