Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, like I said I am new, so here we go with the questions. Is there a definitive source on straight axle frontends in particular gasser axles? I have read tons of threads on here already and my mind works better if I can visualize what is happening. I cannot do that because I do not have the terminology down yet. Kingpin, drag link etc are killing me. Is there a single place that shows pictures and names of these components? Google was not a big help either.... It is absolutely amazing that you guys just toss these terms about and understand! I will get there, but need some info.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Hi DSB, I would suggest finding some early Motors Manuals. They used to have some really great illustrations and descriptions in them of parts. Or find an old, oops sorry, seasoned hot rodder, ply him or her with adult beverages and have them show you what each part is. Hope that helps. It is a learning curve for us all, especially the older stuff.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
DSB. I can see where a new comer would have difficulty with the terminology. I think I'll start a "Terminology" thread here in this General Section. That way we can get all terminology that we use here out and explained. Your question is an excellent one and may help many others that may not choose to ask. Great question DSB.

Mark L

·
Registered
922 Posts
A Speedway catalog has quite a few diagrams with parts identified. Also good for making a wish list.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts