Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here’s a few glamour shots of what was mine but the daughter claims it as hers.
“Built to get ice cream and get home before it melts”
496ci
M20”Gary’s Gearbox”
Olds 9.3 3:23 Dutchman axles
Weiand intake twin 660’ Holleys
Patriot headers
51’ Chevrolet axle speedway brakes
Nothing else fancy just another 48k second owner car……

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Automotive exterior Fender
Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Car
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Sky Cloud Tire Car

Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Hood Steering wheel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your '57 150 is so cool! I can see why your daughter put claim to it! Every time I see pictures of it I want it too!
Thank you kindly!
We had a great season and was able to get out to almost every show or cruise in. I liked listening to the people that would compliment me and the car she would politely correct them on who owned the car…..I’m laughing thinking about it, because it would throw people off. Looking back it was a blur of a summer but one for the books!

·
Administrator
13,872 Posts
Thank you kindly!
We had a great season and was able to get out to almost every show or cruise in. I liked listening to the people that would compliment me and the car she would politely correct them on who owned the car…..I’m laughing thinking about it, because it would throw people off. Looking back it was a blur of a summer but one for the books!
Getting to visit with like minded folks at car shows is one of the high points of building and owning these cars. I love the build, but without the interaction afterwards with others it would be boring to just drive around.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
That car is awesome. Ditto on all you wrote. To have the kids Involved too is the icing on the cake. It must be a great experience hammering the pedal on the 496.

Reactions: 1937Austin

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That car is awesome. Ditto on all you wrote. To have the kids Involved too is the icing on the cake. It must be a great experience hammering the pedal on the 496.
Thank you, as for the experience I remember when I first had it road worthy my clutch leg would quiver it was crazy! I believe the phrase would be respect the machine.
The car and I have an understanding that we will take care of each other and we both have different moods sometimes we’re hard on each other, but making up is the best!

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Thank you, as for the experience I remember when I first had it road worthy my clutch leg would quiver it was crazy! I believe the phrase would be respect the machine.
The car and I have an understanding that we will take care of each other and we both have different moods sometimes we’re hard on each other, but making up is the best!
And because of that shared respect you will both enjoy the Hotrod experience for a long long time. 👏👏👏👏

1 - 8 of 8 Posts