Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, like an idiot, I either threw away or stuck on my toolbox stickers from the parts I bought. Is there a good source for getting some?

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
Dave,
Post what you're looking for; someone might have them. I got a bunch in a large zip lock bag. I might add that you don't necessarily have to have the part on your car. I posted a while back that on my Willys pick up I have Isky cam decals but I'm running a Comp cam. The Isky decal is just way cooler. Also, go on ebay and enter "racing decals" in the search window.

Car Vehicle Wheel Tire Hood

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
I do like Steve, and keep a manila envelope full of stickers I get with parts. But honestly the vast majority I wont use, even if I have the parts because they're too new for the look I like. I got stickers with my Howards camshaft, but they looked stupid. I contacted Howards to ask why they didn't have vintage stickers, and they sent me a pair for free that were their old school type!
I bought a number of vintage stickers off Ebay sellers because they were repros of 50's and 60's decals. Yesterday a friend called and asked if I wanted an old 60's Radke's Speed & Kustom decal! He's had it for years, and Radke's was the place everyone bought speed parts from in the old days, so I was excited to get it. I'm going to try to get it copied, and save the water decal and not use it on my window.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found them on e-bay! Thanks for for the info Steve! Decal is the word I needed to find them.

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
None of the newer parts sellers stickers are nice looking anymore. I wont put any of the later stickers on my cars as they just look bad. Summit, Jegs, and Speedway all have crap stickers.
I just got my Radke's decals reproduced by a guy back East. He charged $5 ea., but they're real water decals that are reverse printed to go on the inside of your glass.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
None of the newer parts sellers stickers are nice looking anymore. I wont put any of the later stickers on my cars as they just look bad. Summit, Jegs, and Speedway all have crap stickers.
I just got my Radke's decals reproduced by a guy back East. He charged $5 ea., but they're real water decals that are reverse printed to go on the inside of your glass.
I went onto google and searched for old logo in a Vector format and got a ton. They are at my vinyl printer now and I will be hip deep in stickers.

·
Administrator
13,700 Posts
I went onto google and searched for old logo in a Vector format and got a ton. They are at my vinyl printer now and I will be hip deep in stickers.
Just make sure he seals the surface once they're printed! I've got some repros of old decals I got as stickers for my Austin, and they didn't hold up well at all. Really faded and almost illegible, and it never sees rain, and not a lot of elements beyond washing the car. I'll have to replace them before summer, and doubt I'll find the same old Lions Dragstrip, and other vintage type stickers.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just make sure he seals the surface once they're printed! I've got some repros of old decals I got as stickers for my Austin, and they didn't hold up well at all. Really faded and almost illegible, and it never sees rain, and not a lot of elements beyond washing the car. I'll have to replace them before summer, and doubt I'll find the same old Lions Dragstrip, and other vintage type stickers.
Yep, these are automotive grade vinyl and he is cheap!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts