Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.youtube.com/embed/yigRgG_NIyU

That would work great in a chassis shop. Each piece to a chassis could be digitally planned and made. Then just weld them together. Just think how many seperate pieces could be formed as a single piece. Would save a lot of welding. Mark L

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That thing is sweeeeettt!!!! Steve, go buy it. I'll run it for you. (If you move to Phoenix) (LOL) (I keep trying) (will not stop until you move)(if ya don't shoot me first, LOL) (---) (had to do one more italics just because I can, heh). (Markus O'TryasImaysious)

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
That machine is doing things that do NOT look possible to do with such ease.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like pasta coming out of there. Almost like it was a liquid. Weird!!! Mark

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I probably couldn't afford just the waste I'd make playing with it. Mark L

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
At least one of the pretzles looked like a seat back frame. Most of that stuff looked like it was bent likeit was because they could. What would you use most of that for? Bike parking racks? A still? :D

I was thinking the same thing as Mark and Gary - oh the scrap I could make...

Mike

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
How about header tubes? That baby could pop out equal length tubes so nicely! And then rollbars, or pieces for tube frames? I'm sure most shops could never do enough tubing jobs to need it, but a place that builds tube chassis could sure speed up their process. I used to have a customer that did nothing but tube bending and tube projects for construction. Things like railings and bike racks, etc. I bet they'd love a machine like that, but even they might take forever to pay for it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
That bender is very state of the art. However you're limited to 180* bends on the same plain and the bend radius displayed isn't very tight. So I guess if you have a mass production run this machine would be capable of bending it would do the job.

·
Administrator
13,414 Posts
It will do more than 180 degree bends on the same plane, but limited by the length of the stub when it hits the pipe it's bending. No different than any other bender I've used. Once you "tube block" yourself, you need to cut and weld to get any tighter. But probably rare that you'd need much more than a 180 degree bend anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts