Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a quick answer, so apologies up front for not searching the forum,,,

I have purchased a disc brake kit from Speedway for my 1957 F100 truck axle, (part number 91031914)

I now need a steering arm for the upper passenger side. The center to center measurement is 3 3/4 for the mounting bolts on the back side of the spindle. And the approximate length is 7 1/2 inches measured from the king pin center-line to the center of the mounting hole for the heim joint.

Speedway does not have it, I can make one. Weld it onto the back of the "kit" but I know I have seen several that appear to be aftermarket bolt on and already zinc plated,,,

HELP for good the source???

·
Administrator
13,419 Posts
I couldn't find them for my Falcon either. So I bought the closest one Speedway had and simply cut one mounting tab off, and bolted the arm and the tab to my backing plate. Then took the welder and tacked it on good. Removed it, and finish welded the tab. Then just shot it with more zinc paint.
Unfortunately they're sold in pairs, so need to buy two to get one to use. I spoke with Speedway reps at the Portland Roadster show 3 years ago about why they didn't sell them 1 ea., and they looked at me like I was from another planet.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Val your response is awesome as always!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts