Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Adminstrator And Sheet Metal Junkie
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm certainly not the home remodeler I wish I was but started the kitchen a while ago, and this one wall that sort of stands alone I installed cabinets and a cook top and as long as it worked I really wasn't in no rush to finish it. So about a week or two or maybe even three Kate was cooking and something splashed on the wall and couldn't wash off.
Ok time to get off my butt and get a back splash made up for her kitchen. I tossed a few hints with a marker and drew a set of flames, but the idea didn't really fly.
So when she went in for her three day work stretch Tom and I went to work. We had to remove the bottom cabinets to get the plywood off and replace it with drywall. Seeing as it wasn't painted and we talked about colors and never put one color in stone, while Kate was gone I figured I would pick a color and get it done. Now mind you, the rest of the kitchen still has some mud work and cabinets to go in but on another side of the kitchen. So testing the waters with the color I picked to see her response we would know what direction we were heading. Also not to mention this is an old farm style house built back in the very early 1900's and was a bed and breakfast for a near by train station that no longer exist. So nothing is square or straight and is really a challenge to work with. But we like the old doors and thresholds and creaking sounds so we'll just deal with it, and hey, I got a welder ! !

Here's tearing things apart

Now not any in between photos but here's we're I'm at so far....

·
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mike, she actually seen it last eve when she came home, and it took a few seconds and BAM ! ! She loves it, so now we have to keep going and finish the rest of the walls ! ! Can't wait till its done so we can move on to the next room. :)

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Very nice Steve. 150 points to you my friend. I've done my share of remodels over the years, but I don't plan to do it anymore. Looks really nice. She should be happy. MArk

·
3,065 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys, yes Kate is extremely happy with it, and really like my color choice. So now it's off to the next wall. Then flooring and so on...... It's not like building a hot rod and not knowing what's out there for product creates a huge learning curve and some backing up. But it's all fun ! ! :D

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Very nice Steve. 150 points to you my friend. I've done my share of remodels over the years, but I don't plan to do it anymore. Looks really nice. She should be happy. MArk
I thought that also Sir Markous RemodelEous..... when I did the master bath & kitchen quite a few years ago I thought "DONE"..... NOT!!!! About 3 years ago did the kitchen.... granite countertop - new stainless steel sinks fixtures still plan to redo the oak cabinets (weathered antique black) hopefully this year ..... and last year did decorative plastered t& painted the walll & ceiling painted & new water spigots, shower head, accessories, etc in the master bath.

This year we are going to redo some things in the yard & outside of the house. Picked up some very nice flat stones (Craig's List find) which are very colorful (burgendy - tourquoise - gray - purple) which we will use to tile the entrance stoop in front of the front door and the remainder of the stones will be used for the walkway in the backyard pond area.

Nice backsplast Steve..... we have "tin ceiling tiles" in our kitchen,

Always a GOOD THING to do those things on the "honey do list".

Also have to put a starter solenoid in my motorcyle. Tapping it with the handle of a screwdriver to start it "quit working" last Fall. With gas prices where they are we plan to ride our motorcycles much more than we have in past years.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Hi John, what year is the Indian? I have a 2000 Chief. I tried the old screw driver and hammer trick for awhile. Found out it is the damn starter relay under the dash. About $9 at the parts store. Keep an extra in the saddlebags now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.