Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking and waiting for a pair of 12" X !6" torque thrust wheels with the "peaked" spoke design it seems like forever. I guess my patience has paid off, a pair finally came up on ebay and I got them. These aren't Americans because American made their 16s out of Magnesium only and those go for about $2000 a pair. Now it'll be more money that I don't have for the 16" X 12:00" cheaters.

·
Administrator
13,758 Posts
I've been looking and waiting for a pair of 12" X !6" torque thrust wheels with the "peaked" spoke design it seems like forever. I guess my patience has paid off, a pair finally came up on ebay and I got them. These aren't Americans because American made their 16s out of Magnesium only and those go for about $2000 a pair. Now it'll be more money that I don't have for the 16" X 12:00" cheaters.

Very cool Steve! Thought they might be ET's at first because of the oval holes, but no recess for the ET oval washers, and no name on the backside. I wonder if ET washers would still work?

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jim, the first thing I couldn't believe was that a pair made from aluminum and not magnesium came up and the second was just as you commented, the spokes have the peaked shape, which I prefer as evidenced by the wheels on my other cars, and not the rounded shape; so yes, I'm a happy man, poorer, but happy.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Nice Steve. Glad you found your treasure. Love the rims. Are they going on the 53?

Reactions: sbauman2

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes they are. I've always thought the 53 needed something a bit taller and a couple inches wider than the 10:00" X 16".X 29" cheaters currently on it. With the 10" wide rims some 12" wide cheaters will look great. However, if you sell your MG and want to buy my Willys I'll put the big meats on it.

·
Registered
1992 jeep wrangler (YJ)
57 Posts
Yeah ebay sometimes is a blessing but a curse for your wallet lol. also not alot of good deals on there these days, but those wheels look like a great score cant wait to see them mounted on your 53.

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, I'm getting back the money I didn't have to spend. The wheels arrived yesterday and I knew as soon as I saw the boxes that they weren't 10" wide rims; they're the very common 16" x 8 1/2" which I already have. I contacted the seller and explained the situation to him and he apologized saying he got the measurements mixed up with a pair of slots he's selling. That's going to be an expensive mistake for him, about $160 total for the shipping cost both ways. Man I was really excited thinking I was getting those 10" wide rims.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Well that is a disappointment. Too bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts