Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In looking through posts in the "Project" section, I was unable to open page 2 or "last" on numerous threads today. No matter how many times I clicked on page 2 or Last, it kept bringing up page 1 of the replies.
And in some threads the latest post shows as who made it, but when I open the thread that user's post isn't there? As in this example:

http://www.gasserhotrods.com/forum/showthread.php?21122-Project-Report-60-Ford-Courier

Shows the last post as "noted1017", but there's nothing posted by him when I open the thread.

Seems to be a ton of issues here lately, and not much getting resolved.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And another issue this morning! I click on the "what's new" link and read all the latest posts. Then come back later and all the previously read posts show up again as new! And previously any post I responded to did not show up in the "what's new" link, but now they also become part of a "what's new" search.
Lots of issues here fellas! Please fix it! Makes it tough for me to check current posts when I have to keep going through things I've already checked out.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
In looking through posts in the "Project" section, I was unable to open page 2 or "last" on numerous threads today. No matter how many times I clicked on page 2 or Last, it kept bringing up page 1 of the replies.
And in some threads the latest post shows as who made it, but when I open the thread that user's post isn't there? As in this example:

http://www.gasserhotrods.com/forum/showthread.php?21122-Project-Report-60-Ford-Courier

Shows the last post as "noted1017", but there's nothing posted by him when I open the thread.

Seems to be a ton of issues here lately, and not much getting resolved.

I only see six posts in this section.

What are the other threads giving you this issue?

Jeff M

·
Administrator
317 Posts
And another issue this morning! I click on the "what's new" link and read all the latest posts. Then come back later and all the previously read posts show up again as new! And previously any post I responded to did not show up in the "what's new" link, but now they also become part of a "what's new" search.
Lots of issues here fellas! Please fix it! Makes it tough for me to check current posts when I have to keep going through things I've already checked out.
@1946Austin

Can you try a logout and clear your cache and cookies, than log back in?

Next we can try a thread rebuild on the site.

Jeff M

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
That was happening a few days now.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a look at the "Project Update Section" and if you look at the topic I linked, it shows 1 reply, and the last reply was from user "noted1017". But as you noticed there are 6 replies, not only one reply. And also the last reply is not from user "noted1017".
So this site is messing up in numerous ways!
Regardless of what I do, or when I return or not, the info I look at to see what's updated, isn't changing. Tough to keep an eye on things here if the site doesn't update for the other 5 posts after the first reply!

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And another issue has come to my attention via email! Once again Mario (mmhotrod) has been locked out of his profile! He even started a whole new profile at the urging of another admin, and now is locked out of BOTH profiles!
We have to get this fixed, or we'll not only lose a great contributor to this site, but a lot of others who highly respect mmhotrod!

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
And this topic recently disappeared too!

"Posting photos to site" It was in the Lobby" section and when I try to click on it I get an "no thread specified" warning.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
And another issue has come to my attention via email! Once again Mario (mmhotrod) has been locked out of his profile! He even started a whole new profile at the urging of another admin, and now is locked out of BOTH profiles!
We have to get this fixed, or we'll not only lose a great contributor to this site, but a lot of others who highly respect mmhotrod!
I made it in to my old profile tonight. Not sure if it was a password mixup or not. but Im back for now. Why would I get an email request to change my password today?
When I try to manage attachments the upload window will not browse any longer and in fact its blank. There are no tool bars above my reply anymore.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Vall,
I'm right behind you. I just went to see if Mario had responded to the posting and got the same thing, no posts are showing. One other thing I never gave much thought is that a few times I've posted to a thread or even started one then when I checked back a bit later the post was gone; I thought it might have been me screwing up but now I'm wondering.

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
Vall,
I'm right behind you. I just went to see if Mario had responded to the posting and got the same thing, no posts are showing. One other thing I never gave much thought is that a few times I've posted to a thread or even started one then when I checked back a bit later the post was gone; I thought it might have been me screwing up but now I'm wondering.
We will blame you till you prove otherwise..........LOL

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
my quick reply has no toolbar for even an upload of 1 pic at a time right now. Don't know why , there's no sun up in the sky, stormy weather, oh sorry.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Vall,
Your thread on posting photos to the site that was in the "Lobby" section is gone now Steve! Some really weird shit going on here!

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Your thread on posting photos to the site that was in the "Lobby" section is gone now Steve! Some really weird shit going on here!
Well.... I started a thread on the 25th, "50 Ford F-1 Altered." Anybody see where it went?

Just when I thought it was safe to test the waters again..... :mad:

·
Registered
7,466 Posts
I got an email reset and I fell for it and now I can't change the email that was sent in my profile. this place is whack. I am really trying to make this work but Im tired of fighting. I work on computers all day long and doing this at home has me stumped.
the white flag is due soon.

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Robert's post is gone. Unsure where it went. Replies missing to other posts, and unsure where they went. Mario's profile(s) screwed up, and nothing working. 16 replies to this thread with concerns, and not a response from the admins that oversee this site.
Maybe somebody should turn the lights out, as it seems nobody is home. Do the owners of this forum want it to fail, or do thye even know how badly the site is running? Maybe it's time for me to send another email to the top?

I've had my fill of being ignored, as I'm sure many here also have. I've requested the "administrator" title be removed from my account, as it's embarrassing to have that tied to my name here.
Not sure how much longer I want to even hang out here if the powers that run this forum continue to ignore and not maintain the site issues we're having. This site has some of the best guys around, but the issues are too many to keep it going.

·
Administrator
317 Posts
Going to run the basic fixing tools now.

The issue where a thread won't open the last page is an old one for this software. Happens when the post counter gets out of alignment with the actual number of posts. Tools I'm running fix it, though it also, 9/10 times gets fixed on it's own as soon as someone adds a post to the thread, the counter re-checks.

Missing threads/posts, that's a different issue, and probably means the Database tables are out of sync. This is another, usually, self repairing glitch as the system rechecks itself semi-often, but sometimes we need to run some more intensive fixes. Does anyone have a current example of something missing? A thread you started, or a post you remember making, not there anymore?

Robert's thread was the example before, but I was able to find it easy: http://www.gasserhotrods.com/forum/showthread.php?21170-50-Ford-F1-Altered

Kevin

·
Administrator
13,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What happened to mmhotrod's post titled "photo uploader is broken"???? Who's deleting all this stuff?

·
Registered
659 Posts
Howdy guys, I have had a lot of problems uploading pic’s over six months. Yes, sir 6 months. I was not unaware who to turn too or could help. Fast forward it was not until Mario came to my rescue with his video how to upload pic. I was on regular google internet. Mario came up his tutor video n follow his instructions. OMG out of nowhere appears the log out button could not believe this. I was able to log off.
a. Here’s what I did using the pictures from my cell phone I created a new folder on my desk top. Down loading some pic to the new folder.
b. I no longer am using regular google internet to excess the forum.
c. I am now using google chrome to get on the forum n post with Mario instructions. Instead of going n downloading from my cell.
d. Last night I ran into a problem on the forum asking to get permission from an admin.
e. Took a pic of the screen with my cell phone n will try to up load later.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts