Gasser HotRod Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard through the grapevine that 1956 Chevy Gasser (Jeff) has a new look to his car's front suspension. So when are we going to get pictures here Jeff?

·
Administrator
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I finally found someone less computer saavy than me! But I wont mention any names (Jeff) :)
Here's the first pic I got:

·
Premium Member
1,596 Posts
Nice setup! It took a while looking at it to see that the tie rod is behind the axle. Safe that way. I notice the panhard bar, too. And the perfectly level steering linkage. Looks like a great setup and the stance is fantastic. Good job Jeff!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Very nice! Clean set up. Nice job.
Was there a different axle set-up or was it stock suspension in this car prior to this?
The only "out of the ordinary" thing I see is the finned Buick drums, which I really like!!!!
That appears to be a truck axle, which is rear steer from the factory.
If I'm missing something, please someone point it out to me.
Again, nice job!!!

·
Administrator
13,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's a late 60's Chevy van axle, so the finned drums are stock. Frame is also stock, no boxing, except the mounts. No panhard bar either. Stock '56 steering arm modified and installed at the top side of the backing plate, then connected to stock '56 steering box and arm. Aaron at Southbound Customs did the install and is a great fab guy!

It was closer to stock before, but not. Jeff and I had installed ball joint spacers, longer coil springs, and reworked the spring pockets. This just looks way cleaner/meaner, and works better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.